Children's writing course

(6 Posts)
thoughtsandall Tue 23-Oct-12 16:20:13

Hello all,

I have just currently completed a Novel writing course at Warwick Uni and sadly it was the last Creative Writing course they are to run. Since finishing this I have started 'dabbling' with children's stories and was wondering if anyone could recommend any courses in this genre. Have been looking at on-line courses but there are so many available I wouldn't know which ones were reputable or in fact worthwhile undertaking. I am in Warwickshire if anyone knows of any other institutes than run course in this area.

Thanks in advance for any info

TunipTheVegemal Wed 24-Oct-12 16:21:07

Someone I went to school with did an MA in writing for children at King Alfred's College Winchester and she's now a professional children's author. Not very local for you though.

HanSolo Wed 24-Oct-12 16:23:54

arvon run a childrens oneperiodically. My friend has been on one of their courses and thought it was excellent

thoughtsandall Tue 06-Nov-12 15:24:47

Thanks for the information

thoughtsandall Tue 06-Nov-12 15:25:01

Thanks for the information

wrestlingalligators Sun 18-Nov-12 09:48:45

I did a distance learning children's fiction course with Oxford Uni Continuing Education which was great for getting started (was 10 wks but think they do longer ones too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now