Mumsnet /Walker books bedtime stories competition - winners announced. Now read the blog from Walker book editorial team about creating the book.

(160 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Sep-12 11:42:28

Do you secretly have a book inside you? Would you like to see it published?

Enter the Walker Books/Mumsnet writing competition and your story could be included in an illustrated gift book of Bedtime Stories for the under-sevens. For your chance to be considered, submit your original manuscript of up to 1,500 words by 30 November 2012.

Over the next month we're going running some Q&A sessions and webchats with children's book authors and will keep you posted about this on this thread

artifarti Wed 02-Jan-13 16:02:34

Thanks for changing and clarifying MNHQ smile

DovCitron Sun 27-Jan-13 19:08:39

Where do I need to look to see it the short list for this competition tomorrow and when tomorrow will it be announced?

Oooh bumping to mark place - good luck everyone! Thanks for changing the voting system.

icepole Mon 28-Jan-13 14:57:06

Any news yet?

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 16:02:23

Big congratulations to the twenty authors from Mumsnet and Gransnet who have been shortlisted in our Bedtime Stories Competition with Walker books. The stories have now all been sent to author and former Children's Laureate Michael Rosen who will be judging the final stage of the comp and picking the ten winning stories that will feature in the Mumsnet Book of Bedtime Stories, published by Walker books in the Autumn.

The twenty shortlisted stories are:

A Parcel for Theo – Claire McCauley
Allie to the Rescue - Helen Yendall
An Elephant Lived Upstairs – David Hughes
Bedtime at the Lighthouse - Philip Bell
Celeste Who Sang to the Stars - Kate Wilson
Hannah and the Seals – Sara Huckett
Peacock, Owl and Parmesan Cheese – Rachel Rowlands
Polly the Jumping Cow – Jools Abrams-Humphries
Princess Imogen's Independent Day - Christine O’Neill
The Adventure of Brave Hannah – Imogen Potter
The Dancing Bear - Suzy Robinson
The Dusty Kitten – Emily Fellah
The Hedgehog Who Wouldn’t Sleep – Alison Webb
The Night Thief and the Moon – Katherine Latham
The Sheriff of Rusty Nail – Sophie Wills
The Sun and the Moon – Jo Dearden
The Treasuresaurus – Amy Firth
Time for Bed - Angela Michelle Eckhaus
Too Many Meerkats! – Jane Heinrichs
When You Dream – Cathy Rushworth

hellymart Mon 28-Jan-13 17:16:05

Thank you very much for publishing the shortlisted stories, as promised, today and putting us all out of our misery. I am chuffed to be amongst the 20. Good luck to everyone for the final judging and thanks to Mumsnet and Walkers for changing the decision on the final 10 from a voting system which, I agree, could be open to vote rigging!

mellowcat Mon 28-Jan-13 20:09:10

A huge well done to all those shortlisted and good luck in the final stage!

HumpheadWrasse Mon 18-Feb-13 18:18:27

<needy>

Is there any news on the final ten for this competition? I'm sure I had 18th Feb in my head for some reason but may have dreamt that as I can't see it anywhere now. Or have MN just contacted the winners directly? I doubt there was much chance of my story making it through, but if it did it would have made my dreams come true to have a published story, so I'm on tenterhooks. Anyone else heard anything?

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 25-Feb-13 11:50:40

The ten winning stories have now been chosen by Head of Judging panel, Michael Rosen. Congratulations to all the winners whose stories will be published in Mumsnet Book of Bedtime Stories by Walker books in the Autumn. The winning stories are:

Polly the Jumping Cow by Jools Abrams-Humphries
Bedtime at the Lighthouse by Philip Bell
Time for Bed by Michelle Eckhaus
The Night Thief and the Moon by Katherine Latham
A Parcel for Theo by Claire McCauley
Princess Imogen's Independent Day by Christine O'Neill
The Dancing Bear by Suzy Robinson
The Sheriff of Rusty Nail by Sophie Wills
Celeste Who Sang to the Stars by Kate Wilson
Allie to the Rescue by Helen Yendall

See the Winners' page for more information and Walker books blog to read more about the selection process.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Apr-13 13:01:13

Walker books editorial team have updated the blog and you can now read about the process of editing the winning stories for the Mumsnet book of bedtime stories:

Walker books editorial team blog

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now