Ireland beat the All Blacks

(17 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Nov-16 08:35:09

Yay!!!smile
Well done lads.
So wish I was there.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 06-Nov-16 08:36:45

It's brilliant. (And I'm only quarter Irish!)

I bet there's done sore heads today!

hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Nov-16 08:44:39

Any Mumsnetter/ Craicnetter actually at the match?
If so tell us all about it.
I couldn't even see it as it wasn't on the my tv package sad and I couldn't get to the pub to watch it. sadsad

PotOfYoghurt Sun 06-Nov-16 08:49:40

I am bereft. We played shockingly. Ireland played very well. They deserved to win, as much as it pains me to say it.

A friend of mine was at the match and said it was an amazing atmosphere. He's Irish and said it was just heaving.

ememem84 Sun 06-Nov-16 08:54:17

Oh. Dh will be upset. But well played Ireland!

FoxesOnSocks Sun 06-Nov-16 09:05:27

Great match (though the sound went for me!)

I'm sitting on my hands at all the comments about it being a historical win, first time Ireland have beaten the all blacks, never been done before etc

Not by the men that's true!!

hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Nov-16 11:58:19

Aren't the women's New Zealand team called the Black Ferns ?

FoxesOnSocks Sun 06-Nov-16 12:03:03

Yes, but even so Ireland has beaten New Zealand. I see it more as the general opinion that the women's team doesn't account.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Nov-16 12:20:19

Ah don't. Just rejoice when either team win.

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Sun 06-Nov-16 12:23:28

Such a great result. Some small consolation for me as I'm Welsh and we didn't have such a good day yesterday....blush

Floggingmolly Sun 06-Nov-16 12:25:24

Yay!! ☘️☘️☘️☘️

TroubleinDaFamily Sun 06-Nov-16 12:27:16

Certainly made up for November three years ago.

FoxesOnSocks Sun 06-Nov-16 12:32:11

Don't what?

Takes nothing away from the men's team win, nothing at all. It was an amazing win!! Still historical. The men's team beat them for the first time ever, and beat them well.

Hardly make it a shite achievment if someone thought to mention the women's win or even just inserted the word 'men' after Ireland.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Nov-16 14:13:25

Don't see it ( and I quote you) 'more as the general opinion that the women's team doesn't account'

We rejoice when the women win.
We rejoice when the men win.

Amber76 Sun 06-Nov-16 16:29:42

I'm not into rugby at all but keep thinking how much Anthony Foley would have enjoyed the match. Making a figure eight for haka was a lovely tribute.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Nov-16 16:40:31

Apparently on Facebook they are saying they did it for Axel, after all Jonah Lomu would be with him and slag him. smile

TroubleinDaFamily Sat 19-Nov-16 12:28:06

Not investing too much in today, but it should be a good match.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now