Getting rid of stuff

(6 Posts)
DublinBlowIn Sun 18-Sep-16 14:17:24

Having recently moved to Dublin we have loads of stuff to get rid of: furniture, clothes, toys, kitchen equipment etc.

Is there much of a freecycle community? What about eBay, not used it and seems a lot of hassle but do have some quite nice stuff in great condition. Anything else I'm missing?

KanyesVest Sun 18-Sep-16 14:55:35

I've used free trade Ireland before to get rid of stuff or brought it to the women's refuge in Rathmines. I have bought on Done Deal but only sold once, on Adverts.

SleepDeprivedAndCranky Sun 18-Sep-16 15:07:12

The local st. Vincent de Paul or other local charity shops might be interested or if you look on Facebook, there is usually local free pages. Done deal and adverts are good for selling but not sure if they charge for adds?

DublinBlowIn Sun 18-Sep-16 17:55:42

None of that came up on my googling so that's great info - thanks!

AppleMagic Sun 18-Sep-16 17:58:33

There's a group on Facebook called "Dublin Mamas Freecycle" where you can offload toys and kids clothes very quickly. I think there is a linked selling page too.

Amber76 Thu 22-Sep-16 09:02:09

Google baby market - these are on every few weeks and involves parents selling to other parents. Think you pay 20 for a stall at the market and its a great way of passing on stuff in good condition. Furniture i'd put on donedeal - that site is brilliant. Charges are very small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now