can anyone recommend a hotel on the beach with a pool?

(15 Posts)
123therearenomoreusernames Thu 25-Aug-16 00:11:10

Hi, I have decided we need a night away. Dh can't go so just me and two Dc 8 & 11.

I have lively memories of Sligo as a child. Kids have never been to Donegal so thats a possibility too. Looking for nice safe beach and a hotel with decent grub and a pool.

Anyone recommend anywhere?

hollyisalovelyname Thu 25-Aug-16 21:34:30

Kellys Rosslare.
Expensive though.

Peanut14 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:38:21

Not sure where you are travelling from but Inchadonny Hotel, Clonakility, Cork.

Lovely hotel with pool, stunning beach, pricey though.

Carriemac Fri 26-Aug-16 08:22:17

Innchydonney is amazing.

A1Sharon Sat 27-Aug-16 21:02:35

Kelly resort hotel Rosslare.
It's fab!
I've heard good things about Hudson Bay.

ShteakandShpuds Sun 28-Aug-16 15:15:13

Another vote for Inchidoney here. It's beautiful around here. Plus they've opened a new kids adventure playgrounds nearby.

www.inchydoneyisland.com

TKRedLemonade Tue 30-Aug-16 21:05:44

Inchadoney is fab and I am off to Kelly's in Oct. I really hope we enjoy it! Was planning a trip abroad. But will be 24 weeks pregnant when due to go so felt staying home was better optikn

A1Sharon Tue 30-Aug-16 21:57:18

TK Kelly's is fab, we go every year for a week.
Have you ever been before? Do you have DC already?

TKRedLemonade Tue 30-Aug-16 22:15:31

A1Sharon i have never been and have a little girl who will be 2 and a half. I don't think we will leave her with a babysitter but I understand we can eat in a different room where she can come with us in the evening

TKRedLemonade Tue 30-Aug-16 22:16:09

I am really looking forward too it as I have an insanely busy Sept so this is my treat at the end

A1Sharon Tue 30-Aug-16 23:10:03

We have been getting the same lovely babysitter for ten years! The kids just love her. Then we get dinner in peace.
The Ivy Room is the place you have breakfast/lunch outside of the Beaches restaurant. They set aside a few tables for dinner with kids but I think you need to let them know you want to do that?
Bring elasticated trousers, you will eat like it's going out of fashion, and I really recommend the plaice for dinner if it's on any evening you're there.
Hope you enjoy it.

TKRedLemonade Wed 31-Aug-16 13:33:45

Thanks A1 I did mention it to them when we booked. To be honest it's expensive enough without baby sitters on top but mainly our little one has only ever been minded by family and is very shay so doubt she would stay with a babysitter happily

A1Sharon Wed 31-Aug-16 19:06:46

My youngest was like that too, this year was the first time he stayed with her, before we had him asleep by the time she came. He bloomin' loved her though!
The beach is gorgeous.

TKRedLemonade Wed 31-Aug-16 21:01:18

Thanks!!! If we manage to wreck her and get her to sleep it might be an option alright smile

hollyisalovelyname Mon 26-Sep-16 07:30:44

OP
Did you book anywhere or manage to get away?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now