GAA

(9 Posts)
ludog Sat 13-Aug-16 19:09:59

We're a mad Mayo house here so really looking forward to next week against Tipp. We're watching the hurling replay now...what a match! The speed and the talent are immense. Anyone else watching?

hollyisalovelyname Mon 19-Sep-16 07:32:46

I'm sure you're ready to play another day. smile
I watched the match- I haven't watched a match in years. It seemed very rough- all the pucking and pulling at each other. I thought some incidents warranted black or red cards not yellow ones. I'd be a much tougher referee !!!
I felt it was a bad example to young players - allowing that level of violence in a game.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 19-Sep-16 08:27:49

I'm sure you're ready to play another day. smile
I watched the match- I haven't watched a match in years. It seemed very rough- all the pucking and pulling at each other. I thought some incidents warranted black or red cards not yellow ones. I'd be a much tougher referee !!!
I felt it was a bad example to young players - allowing that level of violence in a game.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 19-Sep-16 12:36:27

Oops.
It says message failed to post so I post again and blush

ludog Mon 19-Sep-16 19:04:56

The heart rate is just about back to normal. I think this is our year...I'd normally fear the replay but this year feels different! Fingers crossed smilefootball

LazyBabyIRL Mon 19-Sep-16 20:55:00

Such a tough day. Seriously. 2 OGs in an all Ireland final. Me sitting in row U getting soaked watching the match!!! Would make you think the Curse is real!!

hollyisalovelyname Mon 19-Sep-16 23:16:22

How many of the original team are still alive?
Some say one and some say two?
Was it the priest or the widow who cursed the team?

ludog Tue 20-Sep-16 22:38:30

I think two are still alive, I know one died in the last year. Depending on who tells the story it was either the priest or a traveller woman who cursed the team. The current priest in Foxford parish apparently checked the records and says there are no deaths recorded at the time of the 1951 final (so therefore it follows there was no.funeral and no curse). There was never a mention of it prior to 1989 but sure why let the truth stand in the way of a good story wink After those two OGs I could be convinced though grin

ludog Tue 20-Sep-16 22:47:13

Did you see the reporter on sky news talking about the "All England" final? Numpty grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now