Purse returned

(4 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 24-Jul-16 20:18:22

To the lovely lady who found my purse in the supermarket and handed it in to one of the staff Thank you so much.
To the honest staff member who handed it back to me Thank you too.
You have saved me so much hassle, having to cancel cards etc.
In lieu of a reward I shall give a donation to a homeless charity.

Maryz Mon 25-Jul-16 00:50:26

Can I ask you to be a bit careful.

My mum's purse disappeared a couple of weeks ago, and was returned to her that evening having been handed in. Everything was in it (driving licence, travel card, even the change though she thinks 20 euro might have been missing).

Luckily she had cancelled her Visa and bank cards. When it was returned she was annoyed with herself for cancelling them as she thought everything was fine. Anyway, she thought no more of it, and then a couple of weeks later she got a phone call about "the purse she lost last month in X shopping centre" - the right place. They said they were ringing so she could confirm that she had got all her cards back and that they were functioning ok. On thinking about it, she reckoned they had kept the numbers of her cards, waited a while, and then tried to use them and found they were blocked. They were fishing for her to give them the new numbers.

So I hope your woman was honest; but if I were you I would cancel your cards anyway. Or keep a very close eye on your bank statements. I don't want to worry you, but there is no doubt my mum's case was some sort of a scam.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 25-Jul-16 09:31:03

Thank you. I will check.

ShteakandShpuds Tue 30-Aug-16 10:10:59

Last summer, we found a purse containing €1,000 plus of cash in our local supermarket car park and handed it into the supermarket office.
I didn't imagine for a second that the staff in the store would be anything other than 100% honest and it's so sad that you think your mum was being scammed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now