This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bunk Beds on a budget - recommendations please?!

(5 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Sat 09-Nov-13 09:29:04

mad I have been looking on gumtree and ebay for local beds and there is just nothing coming up, been looking for months now and can't wait any longer! The only ones that come up have been hardly anything less than new price wise, or really old/tatty.

I have shown DH the Ikea one and although the colour is not idea, it's at least what we want in every other way. We tend to buy ikea most things these days as they are within our budget and the quality is good enough. So, Ikea it seems to be then!

I found the mattresses to fit too, so that's ok. Shame they don't do free delivery!

madwomanacrosstheroad Sat 09-Nov-13 09:24:51

Look on gumtree for a good secondhand one and buy good mattresses. Otherwise ikea is good.

PavlovtheCat Sat 09-Nov-13 09:16:18

How about this ikea one it's not white, but that should be ok? I can't a mattress from Ikea to fit it though!

PavlovtheCat Sat 09-Nov-13 09:09:12

meant to say, done this thread before, but can't find it. Some great suggestions on it but it's disappeared.

PavlovtheCat Sat 09-Nov-13 09:08:33

I have done this thread before, but didn't buy the beds for various reason lazy mainly and now need to get them urgently as my daughter is now actually too big for her current bed blush

So. I would like:
White wood (I guess I would consider other colours, but not metal)
Option to split into singles
Sturdy
Two mattresses that are not, as described in an Amazon review 'like sleeping in t-shirts wrapped around springs'.
not really ugly

for £350 maximum please. Can you do it?

I would be happy with storage underneath, or a (trundle) but they are in an ideal world an amazing sale rather than a requirement as I can get them at a later date to fit underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now