Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nannys travel cot

(8 Posts)
storynanny Sat 10-Aug-13 20:26:33

Hi there, got a graco pack and play travel cot for weeks visit from 11 month grandchild. The "mattress" is so thin and hard, any good for a baby of this age or should I buy another travel cot mattress in the same size ? Thanks for advice.

mykingdomforasleep Sat 10-Aug-13 20:30:32

They're supposed to be very thin and hard - due to the nature of soft sided travel cots a thicker softer mattress would pose a suffocation risk as child's head could get trapped between side and mattress. Don't be tempted to put a different mattress in or add soft bedding.

storynanny Sat 10-Aug-13 22:37:30

Even the mattresses advertised for travel cots which are about 5 or 6 cm? The existing one seems so hard for a little one to sleep on.

a travel cot mattress should be fine. Mothercare even sell a couple

RobotHamster Sat 10-Aug-13 22:49:07

A travel cot mattress will be fine. Try Kiddicare and make sure you get one exactly the right size so its a really snug fit - they sell lots of sizes.

We had one in the graco cot we had, no way could DS get trapped - it was thin and didn't even come as high as the mesh sides.

storynanny Sat 10-Aug-13 23:00:27

Thanks for replies, will research the mattresses you have suggested.

mykingdomforasleep Sat 10-Aug-13 23:33:21

See what the manual says mine was adamant not to, or ask lullaby trust. If it was for supervised say sleeps I would think fine but not at night. ,

mykingdomforasleep Sat 10-Aug-13 23:34:42

Day not say sleeps...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now