This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Splittable bunk bed that you can buy one bed at a time?

(8 Posts)

I agree on Thuka -- they are expensive (although shop around for the best deal as suppliers can differ wildly) but virtually indestructible and can be configured in a whole host of ways.

rumtumtugger Mon 24-Jun-13 10:20:14

Great, they look just the job!

RandomMess Sat 22-Jun-13 15:14:06

Flexa beds you can as well www.flexa.co.uk/English/Products.aspx

Thuka Trendy You can buy the single first and then convert to bunks later.

rumtumtugger Sat 22-Jun-13 15:05:45

Thanks, do you have a link to it? I think we'd prefer a sturdy wooden frame, do you know of anything like that?

ilovemybabies123 Fri 21-Jun-13 10:14:38

Meant to say, go it off eBay with free delivery. Very easy to build

ilovemybabies123 Fri 21-Jun-13 10:13:50

We have a 3 year old and a 11 week old. When I was pregnant with dd2, we bought a metal bunk bed (come in pink, blue, silver, black or white) for £100 and put the 3 year old in 1 half of it. We had to buy he a mattress but the other half of the bunk bed I made up of literally just poles and is stored behind our wardrobe as we live in a flat so when dd2 is old enough or if I get pregnant again, we can either have 2 single beds or bunk beds to free up the cot/cot bed. Hope this helps x

rumtumtugger Thu 20-Jun-13 21:30:20

Dd is 2.5 and we are due another dd in a few months. Dd is in a cot bed at the moment and we're planning on buying a single bed for her, and putting dd2 into the cot bed when she outgrows the Moses basket.

They'll eventually be sharing a room, so I'd like to get them bunk beds to use a few years down the line, but I'd rather not buy a single bed and then a bunk bed later on.

Is there such a thing as a splittable bunk bed where you can buy the 'bunks' separately?

Or are we just better off buying dd2 a cot or cot bed and then buying a bunk bed a few years down the line?

Decisions....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now