This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Moving on from sleeping bag but still in cot

(3 Posts)
Maisieskates Tue 11-Jun-13 13:26:57

Not sure what to do next. DD is 2 and sleeps in a sleeping bag in a Cosatto cotbed which is still set up as a cot. Lately she's been getting out of her sleeping bag and I''m wondering what we move onto next. I don't want to spend money on bedding that won't be used for long but am not sure how long she'll be in the cotbed given her height. Next move would probably be into a regular single bed with guard. Any suggestions?

YDdraigGoch Tue 11-Jun-13 13:30:03

Both my DDs were sleeping in full size beds at 2, with duvets. They occasionally fell out (we'd find them on the floor in the morning, fast asleep), and the cover often fell off. But we took the view that if they didn't wake up they hadn't hurt themselves, and weren't cold.

IMO -I wouldn't bother getting new bedding for a cot bed. I'd vote for straight into a full size bed.

BlingLoving Tue 11-Jun-13 13:32:49

We're in a similar situation. Problem is that DS does get cold if he doesn't have his sleeping bag and wakes us up. He hasn't mastered using the duvet.

He's in a cot bed, still set up as a cot, but will sleep in it as a bed until he's at least 4 or until he gets a sibling, whichever comes first!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now