This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Midsleeper with slide and tent?

(4 Posts)

Midsleepers and bunk beds are hell for making beds and if the child is sick it's epic. For a young toddler I would go with an Ikea toddler bed. Takes up less space, low to the ground and still a huge novelty. Or you could buy a cheap Ikea cot for baby and keep your older child in their big cot. That's what we did with dd2.

TheChaoGoesMu Mon 06-May-13 19:09:19

I think they are supposed to be from age 6. I got my dd one at 4, and she was fine. But I wouldn't let my 3 yr ds have one for a long time, because I dont trust him not to jump from the top, and its a long way down.

you need a huge room for them as the slide takes up a lot of space. I wouldnt get it for a 3 year old as it would be a long way down if they fell out.

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience of these? We are looking for a 'big boy' bed for our nearly 3 year old as we are expecting baby number 2 in October and will eventually need his cotbed back for baby 2.

There seems to be different advice out there some say they are ok form 3 and some from 5yrs.

Any experience or thoughts would be good :D

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now