This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mamas and Papas Cot Bed - parts missing and they won't help!!

(2 Posts)
MummyDoodles Thu 28-Feb-13 16:37:17

Hi all,

We have been kindly given a M&P Sherwood Cotbed from family for our little boy. A couple of months ago I assembled it only to realise that there are parts missing. I figured this wouldn't be a problem and that I would just get in contact with their spares department.
They have told me that they stopped selling this model in 2008 and therefore have no spares or even alternatives that would be suitable.

The parts that I am missing are little white plastic 'guides' for the drop down side of the cot and the metal studs onto which they fix! I'm completely clueless about what to do next. Had it been screws or something I would have just checked online or in the diy shops but these things seem to be something that I can't find anywhere (I have spent two days searching online for them and found nothing).

M&P said in their email that they only stock spare parts for 2 years. Is it not feasible that something like a cotbed is going to be reused by many families at a future date easily longer than two years!?

Here is the link for the assembly instructions:
www.mamasandpapas.com/downloads/product_manuals_pdf/Furniture/Cot-Junior%20Beds/Sherwood%20Cot%20Instructions.pdf
I am missing parts B, D and one F as well.

I'm totally fed up about it because my son is 6 months next week and we wanted to move him into his own room then but I have a cot that is completely unusable until I fix this problem. I can't really afford to buy a new cot at this stage so I will be really stuck if I have to!

I'm really hoping that someone on here will be able to help me!!

Any advice gratefully received!!

confused/angry/sad

frazzledbutcalm Thu 28-Feb-13 21:37:42

My SIL had the same issue. M+P said the same thing, no spares as cot is over 2 years old. She tried local M+P stockists but they had nothing either. In the end she had to buy a new cot :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now