This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Moses basket mattress

(4 Posts)
Loubyloulou88 Tue 26-Feb-13 02:39:49

We've got a Moses basket which our 4 week old lb is sleeping in, but we've already found that the mattress that came with it is going out of shape and dips in the middle where the weight of his body lies. Should we get a new mattress or will they all do this? Is here a sturdier, firmer one out there?

I would take it back tbh. The matress should remain firm, and lo shouldn't be able to sink into it. They should replace it I'd say. If they don't, you can either buy a new one or have high density foam cut to the correct size and thickness. A saggy mattress isn't safe so I'd make my first point of contact the seller - after all a newborn isn't exactly heavy and four weeks isn't a long time.

Loubyloulou88 Tue 26-Feb-13 16:53:25

I must admit I was surprised that it has sunken in so soon considering the amount of time he's been sleeping on it. Thanks for your reply, I'll definitely replace it!

Becxdobbi Fri 01-Mar-13 19:35:00

I completely understand we had the same problem with our toys r us basket the mattress was so soft I cud pinch and feel my fingers so you can imagine what it was like when my LO laid on it! Firm is what FSID recommend, I ended up getting a new mattress from Little Green sheep www.thelittlegreensheep.co.uk/the-little-green-sheep/natural-moses-basket-mattress-32x66cm.aspx hope you find something if wasn't using ours I would offer to sell so you didn't have the expense sorry hun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now