This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mattress for cot, help

(3 Posts)
Jennyn81 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:02:57

Hey Sian, may be too late but I'm looking too now and the only thing i found when i researched about foam and sprung mattresses is the fire proofing chemicals that are in them. apparently to pass fire tests they are needed. organic and natural mattresses (http://www.thelittlegreensheep.co.uk/Mattresses/Cot-Cot-Bed-Mattresses/) i read dont use these chemicals which sounds much safer to me, depends on budget though
J

patchesmcp Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:07

We didn't get a foam one, we got a pocket sprung one. We used baby mattresses online and they were fab. Loads cheaper than mothercare or mamas and papas etc and great quality.

Have a look, they make them to the size you want and do all sorts of ones including foam.

ms00skr Fri 18-Jan-13 13:04:17

Hi, I need to buy a mattress for my little ones cot but not sure where to start. As he's only going to be in it for about 2 years I think a foam mattress will be fine. Any one got any recommendation for good quality and value?

Thanks in advance

Sian

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now