Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Mattress for cot, help

(3 Posts)
ms00skr Fri 18-Jan-13 13:04:17

Hi, I need to buy a mattress for my little ones cot but not sure where to start. As he's only going to be in it for about 2 years I think a foam mattress will be fine. Any one got any recommendation for good quality and value?

Thanks in advance

Sian

patchesmcp Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:07

We didn't get a foam one, we got a pocket sprung one. We used baby mattresses online and they were fab. Loads cheaper than mothercare or mamas and papas etc and great quality.

Have a look, they make them to the size you want and do all sorts of ones including foam.

Jennyn81 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:02:57

Hey Sian, may be too late but I'm looking too now and the only thing i found when i researched about foam and sprung mattresses is the fire proofing chemicals that are in them. apparently to pass fire tests they are needed. organic and natural mattresses (http://www.thelittlegreensheep.co.uk/Mattresses/Cot-Cot-Bed-Mattresses/) i read dont use these chemicals which sounds much safer to me, depends on budget though
J

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now