Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

After moses basket...

(3 Posts)
delilah88 Wed 19-Dec-12 07:50:39

My DD is too big for her moses basket at 2 months old, so I need to buy something else. I will want her to sleep in our bedroom for another few months at least. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good cot for making a young baby feel secure? She loves her moses basket.

A friend has offered us loan of a small bedside cot, used for their daughter for a few months recently. If I accepted this would I need to buy a new mattress?

Thanks.

patchesmcp Wed 19-Dec-12 09:00:31

I'd borrow the cot from your friend and get a new mattress, that way reducing cost.

My DS slept in his crib for the first 6 months and then outgrew that and went into a cotbed. On those maths you'd only get 4 months use out of any crib so it'd seem sensible to borrow from your friend if she's happy to lend it to you. Unless your planning loads more kids wink

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 19-Dec-12 09:02:51

Yes you will def need a new mattress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now