Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

How much !!!!???!!!! (Single mattresses)

(5 Posts)
fudge74 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:39:31

thanks emsyj and curious i'll look at those asap!
thanks

emsyj Tue 23-Oct-12 21:57:48
emsyj Tue 23-Oct-12 21:57:00

There's a place in Birkenhead just round the corner from Hamilton Square station called Bed Superstore - they have tons of great stuff, we got a half price deal on a Silentnight mattress and lots of it is in stock too. They have some very good quality brands in there - it's not all cheap, but they do have clearance and reduced stuff pretty much all the time, worth a try - I've recommended them to a few people and they've all ended up buying there.

curiousparent Tue 23-Oct-12 21:52:08

We have just got a really good quality one with memory foam for £84 from amazon, not sure what else they may have?

fudge74 Tue 23-Oct-12 16:45:28

I've just been looking online to see how much single mattresses are as I need to buy two for my two boys who are 10 and 7, for their new platform bed. I am shocked at how much even the 'value' ones are - £199 from John Lewis is the cheapest pocket sprung mattress. Ikea's cheapest is £100.
So, please does anyone have any advice about sales / bargain shops / etc?? (I'm in Liverpool).
My grandmother said spend as much as you can on your bed and your shoes, as you are either in one or the other. I know I should not get the cheapest one I can find, BUT, I want to get the best deal possible.
I know they are not for me, but I am pretty sure I will be sleeping on them every now and then and want to be comfy!
Help please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now