Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Stokke Sleepi question

(8 Posts)
ScarletteOTara Wed 10-Oct-12 21:07:16

Hello

Quick question about the Stokke Sleepi. I'm planning on getting a secondhand one from eBay.

If I buy a regular Stokke Sleepi, do I just need to take the middle sections out to turn it into a Stokke Mini? Obviously I'll need to buy a new mini mattress, but does the mini have a different base also?

Thanks for your help!

CMOTDibbler Wed 10-Oct-12 21:09:52

yes, the base is different for the mini

Rindercella Wed 10-Oct-12 21:11:49

Yes, you would need both a different base and extra bits for the sides. Lovely cot, absolute bastard to put together smile

ScarletteOTara Wed 10-Oct-12 22:03:20

Good to know. The middle-size ones are quite common on eBay (and therefore cheaper) but I've got my heart set on a darling round one to start off with ;). And I keep telling myself that that way I won't need a moses basket so I'll have less redudant stuff in the long term.

I'll keep an eye out for sets that specifically go from mini to regular. Anyone got any thoughts on whether its worth looking for a set that goes all the way up to Stokke Junior?

I'm sort of thinking that by the time DC gets to about 4 or so they'll be wanting a 'grown up' single bed and won't be interested in the Junior!

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Wed 10-Oct-12 22:06:08

Or if you plan more than one, it may be passed down and get use that way...

ScarletteOTara Wed 10-Oct-12 22:14:21

Well, we'll see how DC1 goes but if we have a second I'll definitely be passing the Sleepi down. Just wondering whether anyone rates the Junior extension for bigger kids...

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Wed 10-Oct-12 22:20:26

I honestly don't know anything about the Stokke, but I think it's worth bearing in mind that, if you have more children, it's only at the last child that it gets extended up to Junior IYSWIM. Because either you are buying mutliples (in which case you might as well have bought as basic cot and moved straight to a single bed) or it's not getting used for a number of years. That's what I was clumsily trying to say.

ScarletteOTara Wed 10-Oct-12 22:25:33

Gotcha - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now