Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Best cotbed for tall baby?

(4 Posts)
MissMitten Wed 12-Sep-12 20:27:14

Hi,

Does anyone know which cotbeds have the greatest height from the mattress to the side rail, with the mattress on the lowest setting? My tall 9 month old is already dangerously close to climbing out of our cot, so I think it's time to invest in a cot bed.

Thanks!

dozensofpichu Thu 13-Sep-12 14:05:32

We have a mothercare one, on the lowest setting the height is 58cm from the top of the mattress. My DD is a very tall 16 mo and there is no way she could get over it! HTH

Longdistance Thu 13-Sep-12 14:10:54

I thought cot beds were pretty much the same size really. Our one that we got from kiddicare.com seems pretty tall, and dd1, who's 3 soon can climb in it, but not out of it, and I think it's on it's lowest setting. Dd1 doesn't sleep in it, dd2 does (14mo) and she's tall too.

MissMitten Thu 13-Sep-12 20:18:30

Thanks both! 58cm sounds good. Our current cot only gives us 40cm, so that would be a big improvement. We inherited the cot and I think it was built for a generation of smaller children!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now