This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

New mattress?

(2 Posts)
MyDaydream Fri 31-Aug-12 22:59:01

We've bought a never been used crib second hand and can't decide what to do with the mattress. The crib and mattress has never been used.
I know all the reasons for buying a new mattress for second hand cribs, which is what is making me unsure, but if the crib mattress is unused and came from a smoke free home does that make a difference? If I'd bought it myself, not used it and then kept it stored in my house I'd probably use it for another baby of my own without giving it a second thought, same as if it came from one of my relatives homes, but I guess I'm questioning it because I bought it from a stranger.
What would you do? Use the never been used mattress because it's never been used, or buy a new one because while it's never been used it's still second hand?
It's all so confusing!

mummysmellsofsick Fri 31-Aug-12 23:05:46

I'd use it. You can put a waterproof mattress protector on it anyway. Surely that would be completely fine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now