This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Advice on best place to buy mattresses gratefully received!

(5 Posts)
UserNameAngst Sun 29-Jul-12 21:40:23

Am in a bit of a pickle about the number of decisions (and subsequent purchases) I need to make in the next few weeks so am asking for help please!

Am 34 wks pregnant and plan to put baby in a Cosatto side along cot. The cot needs some adjusting to be flush with our bed but hopefully a standard cot bed mattress is required. I also plan to move DS to a single bed so need a single mattress; plus I plan to have the Moses basket downstairs for daytime naps (hollow laugh due to DS experience) so need a mattress for that too.

So my questions are, I'm not being a divvy about buying new mattresses for baby, am I? And if I'm not, where is the best place to spend the least amount of money to get reasonable quality mattresses? Thanks in advance!

AmandinePoulain Sun 29-Jul-12 21:44:38

I ordered new pram and crib mattresses from here, they custom make them in whatever size you want, and you can choose what filling and cover you want (the choice is overwhelming but there's a FAQ section that goes through it all).

We got a cot mattress from ikea, dd's bed mattress is from John Lewis and its really good quality but for the same price in ikea we got a pocket sprung one, which is meant to be better.

EMS23 Sun 29-Jul-12 21:47:45

I'm a fan of John Lewis for those kind of purchases, having always received good service but I know others, especially on here have found their service a bit rubbish recently.
But being as you need 3 things, they're a good one stop shop.

lindsell Sun 29-Jul-12 21:49:53

I've got crib, travel cot & single mattresses at different times from babymattressesonline as amandine's link. They were really helpful with answering queries and the mattresses came quickly and I'm satisfied with the quality, also really useful if you need an odd shape/size to match a specific cot and the removeable cool max covers are great.

lindsell Sun 29-Jul-12 21:51:54

Meant to add the single size mattresses are from their child mattresses site but if you email and ask you can order from the baby site and just specify the size so you only pay one delivery charge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now