Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Cot bed mattress & waterproof cover

(3 Posts)
Boggler Mon 02-Jul-12 16:03:08

I think I've solved the problem, I've found breathable waterproof mattress protectors. I was worrying that psb could somehow smoother themself if the cover wasnt breathable. :-)

birdofthenorth Sun 01-Jul-12 22:32:51

Could try pampers bed mats instead of a full mattress protector, adds a waterproof layer without being too thick?

Or just don't waterproof it and stick it somewhere airy after sponging off any leaks (or vomits!) as the breathable mattresses dry v quickly?

Tbh you are over-thinking it a little smile Sounds like a quality mattress and DC2 ought to be just fine.

Boggler Sun 01-Jul-12 22:09:13

I'm confused! With ds we had a sprung cotbed mattress that had a breathable water resistant cover and we were very happy with it. New baby due in 8 weeks and just ordered a new cotbed and sprung mattress from John Lewis very happy with the quality etc except for one thing. The mattress doesn't seem to be waterproof or water resistant and now looking on Internet I think I will need a mattress protector. So if I put a waterproof protector on the cotbed will I lose the benefits of having a luxury sprung super breathable mattress? I can't see how it can be breathable if there's a waterproof cover on it? I'm tempted to change the order and try to get a different mattress from elsewhere but not sure if I'm just over thinking this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now