This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Toddler duvets - what tog for 20mth DD?

(10 Posts)
Jennyn81 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:40:51

We have heavier tog than 4.5 but agree better to go lighter than anything because i guess you can just add layers when colder

MamaBlue4 Mon 15-Apr-13 00:40:41

My 4 year old has a 4.5 same as us, we hate being too warm and he likes being warm 2 year old Dd gas a 2.5 as she sweats quite a bit warm. She could fall asleep on my lap with her comfort blankie and still sweat.

Depends on child but 4.5 is recommended.

ilovegranny Mon 11-Feb-13 17:14:48

My question exactly, and now I have the answer. Thanks very much.

minimouse88 Wed 21-Mar-12 13:57:05

Thanks so much for all your replies ladies, thats really helpful. Off now to order a 4.5! Thanks smile)

lindsell Tue 20-Mar-12 22:16:45

I think only 4.5 tog is recommended for under 5s as they can overheat with higher togs. My 2.11yo kicks his 4.5tog off and seems plenty warm enough in just his pyjamas - while I'm freezing with a 13tog confused

my 2 yr old has a 2.5 tog duvet and is always nice and warm, we add an extra blanket if it's particularly cold.

my older 2 both have 4.5 tog

IME children are much warmer than adults. mine def would not need anything over the 4.5 even in middle of winter

PrisonerOfWaugh Tue 20-Mar-12 22:14:01

2yo has a 4.5 tog and I sometimes add a fleece blanket on cold nights

5yo has a 9 tog and is always kicking it off because she is too hot

Ours are about 4, but it doesn't really matter they get thrown off when hot.

YouGoDuplo Tue 20-Mar-12 22:09:43

I think 4.5 is the recommended tog for young children from what I remember when we moved to duvets. My 3 year old has a 4.5 tog and has been toasty and warm all winter even when I've been adding extra blankets hmm

minimouse88 Tue 20-Mar-12 21:33:12

Hi can anyone tell me what tog rating duvets they use for their toddlers?

We want to introduce a duvet in the next few weeks, but I don't know which tog rating to go for. After doing a bit of online research it looks like 3 separate duvets for all 4 seasons is the best way forward, but this seems a bit ridiculous to me tbh, especially as they each cost over £20!

I don't mind buying 1 lighter and 1 heavier one but 3 seems a bit much.

Mothercare dont list the tog rating on ANY of their duvets (how bonkers is that?) Jo Jo's only have a 4.5 or 9 and good old John Lewis have 4/7/9togs listed as summer/spring & autumn/winter.

Can anyone help reco a tog weight and where they got it from before I pull another grey hair out?!?!?! thx!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now