Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. If you want to buy and sell cots or beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Troll bedside crib - anyone got one?!

(36 Posts)

DC2 is due in May, a friend recommended her Brio bedside cot but it seems too big for our bedroom. Has anyone got the Troll bedside crib?
And more importantly, do you want to sell it? grin

suzfish Wed 11-Apr-12 16:09:51

Hi just wondered how those who have the homcom crib are getting on with it? My 3 month old has outgrown his basket although we never managed to get him in it, I thought we might have more luck with a bedside crib but don't want to spend to much incase he refuses to sleep in it! Also where did you get the custom mattress from and sorry to sound stupid what did you ask for and was it any good? Ta x

Brod Sun 15-Apr-12 23:17:25

Hi FamiliarSting,
Thanks for all the info. I was just wondering how easy it is to convert from a three sided crib to four sided i.e is there screwdrivers and all involved? As I wanted it as a co-sleeper at night and regular crib during the day. Any info would be great thanks. P.S. I did email homcom asking them this but their reply was very vague and confusing. thanks

EmmaLM1 Thu 19-Apr-12 12:04:55

The homcom cot is really easy to put together as it comes with an allen key to fit virtually all bit - I think there was only one screw.

You just need to remove the extended sleeping area, and then use the same fixtures to fit the side of the crib on - again with a allan key - simple

FamilarSting Sat 28-Apr-12 13:02:03

It would be fairly easy to fix the fourth side to the crib, as said above it's just unscrewing and screwing the other side on with the allen key, but, personally, if you want to have the side on and off several times a day, I would find this a huge chore, it's not just a simple 'slide up and down while still attached' thing like it appears to be on some of the other more expensive bedside cribs I've seen, It'd be basically like disembling and assembling part of the crib every day.

MushroomMagee Wed 30-May-12 21:38:48

Does the homcom one have to attach to the bed? It says on the website it has an attachment but I'm just wondering if its necessary. I guess not if it has lockable castors. I need to move it to get to the wardrobe behind it (can you tell why we're going for a crib not a cot?!)
The mattresses just being velcro'd together bothers me as does not being able to get sheets that fit... How much of a problem is that? Other than that I really like it!

AnnIonicIsoTronic Mon 08-Oct-12 10:37:18

The troll doesn't attach to the bed - which initially worried me - until I twigged that you just slide the side up once the baby's gone to sleep.

It's been a fantastic crib for us.

catherinemm Mon 24-Dec-12 08:03:39

Just wondered how long people used the homcom crib for. I bought one and used all summer until DS 6 months. He's now 11 months and in our bed constantly. I lent cot to my sister but seriously considering getting it back!

Nettle11 Tue 12-Mar-13 23:31:59

Hi all. Just to say I have hired a bedside cot from NCT. The make is Bed Nest and I would highly recommend it. It attaches to the bed, so is secure and has a drop side. The cost of six months hire is £125 which includes a new mattress and new cot sides (they are material) and delivery. I wouldn't be without it, my baby will not settle in her Moses basket and wanted to sleep with us but we weren't getting any sleep ourselves due to lack of space in the bed!

Nettle11 Wed 13-Mar-13 07:17:57

I also forgot to add that you do not need screwdrivers to put it together. It also folds down very easily, we use it as her travel cot as well!

Becxdobbi Fri 15-Mar-13 19:27:15

Can't say I have tried the Troll but on the bedside cribs I heard a rumour Little Green Sheep are launching one soon thats under 200 quid ...only mention it because we had our natural mattress from there and can vouch for their stuff everything I've had is great! Others when I was doing my searching were bednest and baby bay but didn't fancy paying nearly 300!

Thirstysomething Sat 20-Jul-13 08:12:25

Oh so tired... And been researching this since dawn, argh.
Can't really afford more than £100, need a small bedside crib (no room for cot), we have a bed in a frame, not a divan, so somehow need the crib mattress to reach our mattress without a scary gap.
Please please can anyone help?!
I am looking at buying a cheap one like this: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=321143895320, ( I can't find the homcom one)
Or renting the bednest from nct, or at the moment just saying the hell with it and buying the babybay.
Any recommendations? Thank you thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now