Late period but negative test

(165 Posts)
Jemma7 Mon 07-Apr-03 10:36:17

Have been trying for a baby for about 4 months - periods always regular - now 5 days late, 4 tests later and still negative results! Any suggestions anyone?

Shaydolly Wed 06-May-15 09:27:41

Also my nurse trusts it that much if I go see her she will give me drugs to help get my period started which scares me cus what if the tests are wrong and I am pg that mean bye bye baby doesn't it ? X

Shaydolly Wed 06-May-15 09:25:07

Hello I need some help and advice becoming very depressed with ttc
I was on micro gynon pill 4years been off it and ttc for 11months. In which time Iv had a miscaraige in January , I have not had any success , and not much luck with ovulation tests one or two positives here n there , so I gave up on them .
I'm now on 43 day of my cycle my period is usually 30 to 35 day , so I'm am very late on, Iv been queasy dizzy and tired craving healthy food and peeing lots, which I no is signs of pregnancy... But I have done three preg tests with few days between each including a clear blue digital this morning all negative , I feel pregnant very disheartening , I spoke to nurse before weekend she told me if clue blue is negative then I'm definitely not pg , which worries me now as that has happened but no signs of a period at all! She won't do a blood test trust the clearblue ? Is that wrong?
I also feel bloated and have been having lots of creamy mucus
Please help Iv no idea where to turn next ..... confused

Ktaylormumo4 Fri 01-May-15 08:52:46

I am late on by about a week and five days took a test and negative but i am getting a few indicators i am expecting.

Lou1995 Wed 25-Mar-15 13:06:49

Hi, I'm a week late on my period and I'm usually on time.
I've experienced feeling sick but not actually been sick, also headaches, cramps like I'm going to come on my period and tiredness.
I've took a few tests and they've come back negative.
I went to my gp and he just said wait another week.
I want to know now if I am pregnant or not! Can anyone help. And give your opinions whether you think I am pregnant or not

babylove81 Fri 13-Mar-15 00:34:38

Hello all, I am now 20 days late for my period and pulling my hair out. Went to my gp today and they took blood and urine tests. Have had countless negative tests at home. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice or share similiar experiences. Tomorrow seems so far away right now :-(

aliciascott1 Tue 24-Feb-15 06:34:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

chickendipper1 Mon 23-Feb-15 15:44:48

best not to stress yourself out.

I was 6 days late this month with many pregnancy symptoms and then got my period a day later. Taking test after test after test and getting negatives over and again does nothing but upset you and waste your money.

My GP mate said it is best to wait for 1 week after your missed period to take a test to make sure your hcG hormone has build up enough to be detected (and get a accurate result.)

I conceived first time with my girl, and was convinced it would be as quick this time round, it's easy to convinced yourself you are pregnant and read too much into what you think must be 'signs' but be realistic and happy when it finally happens!

Good luck everyone

Daniellef22 Mon 23-Feb-15 14:58:32

Can anyone help my period is 1week and 2day late and i have preg like symptoms but the test was negative my last period was 18th of jan and me nd bf had sex everyday after i finished but i dont knw what to do confused

acefacemua22 Thu 05-Feb-15 20:52:47

So...I wasnt pregnant. AF was 10 days late in the end, completely out of character for me as I'm usually always on time. My boobs are now massive again but I'm less hopeful as this is exactly how I felt last time after my period was stupidly late.

So I hope I pregnant this time round but we shall see.xxx

good luck to all the other hopeful mums to be!

Meemoll Fri 30-Jan-15 10:09:17

I was 13 days late, what a rollercoaster couple of weeks. Good luck everyone, I'm going to step away now.

Steffyt13 Fri 30-Jan-15 08:58:56

I finally came on exactly 14 days late!!
Hopefully conceive this month!
Xx

Rachelle123 Thu 29-Jan-15 13:26:07

Hi Sarah123, I'm ttc and was due on yesterday, I'm normally as regular as clockwork but still haven't come on, pregnancy tests are showing negative also. After having sex on Monday night I bled (bright red blood) and just thought it was my period making an early appearance but stopped bleeding after a few hours....so confused! How are you getting on?

I had my cervix cauterised a couple of years ago due to bleeding frequently after sex (due to cervical erosion) but find it a bit coincidental that it decides to make its appearance after my first month of ttc so im hoping that it was implantation bleeding fingers crossed!.....I've taken 2 first response early results pregnancy tests this week and both negative.

Its so stressful this waiting game! x

Meemoll Thu 29-Jan-15 12:07:56

Yep looks like a line to me. And I should know as I've stared at a lot of blank spaces over the last couple of weeks. Congratulations!

amanda1993 Thu 29-Jan-15 11:15:03

hello ladies just wanting some advice, on december 1st i had unprotected sex :O and i came on my period on the 4th well it lasted 3 days, then i never thought of anything of it then i came on my period on the 31st od december it was a light pinkish at first for 2 days then it did start getting abit darker? then it was all okay then i started having loads of dicharge and still am and i have had sore boobs for over a week going on two week i thought it was down to me being due on 28th which was yesterday and i still havent come on which is unsual for me im usually on time or earlier i did a hpt yesterday and it came up neg but it looks like their is a faint line but id did one about 10 minutes ago and just one line came up im confused? what do you all think have i done the test to early ? would you say thats a faint line ?

Steffyt13 Thu 29-Jan-15 10:48:07

Same am me 13 days late today and all neg tests!
I had slight spotting this morning so who knows maybe Mother Nature is starting today!
GP said to me it could be that I ovulated later than usual so if I was pregnant it wouldn't show yet and if I'm not my period will come when it's ready!
Your not alone!
Hope that helps xx

Meemoll Thu 29-Jan-15 09:30:50

Hi, I'm 13 days late now and still got a negative this morning. Really fed up. i'm so bloated each evening (I look about 4 months pregnant) and am now worried that something else is going on and there is something wrong with me.

Steffyt13 Wed 28-Jan-15 13:38:39

Hi, I'm new to all this, I had a miscariage at 7 weeks pregnant in nov,had a normal period in dec, and now 12 days late, been to my GP today and he said just wait it out... It's driving me mad done about 6 tests.. Last ones have been cheap tesco ones all negative! Any one had similar? It's so disheartening getting neg results sad
Xx

Ineedhelp123 Tue 27-Jan-15 12:41:15

I need help and I don't know where to turn, I was 12days late on my period, I did a test from tescos (after doing the test I have read the reviews and everyone has said the same and it's crap) the test came up negative 2days later I was spotting for a day but very very light, and then it stopped again, I still wake up every morning feeling sick and tired and then buy mid evening I'm feeling ok again, I feel sick most of the time and I have horrible back pain, I don't know weather it's worth me doing another test or it's just nothing due to spotting.

Thanks

Meemoll Thu 22-Jan-15 11:47:37

Yes I am in exactly the same boat. I just started another thread but not sure how mumsnet works exactly. I keep getting negative and I'm now 6 days late. I feel tired and fed up and now I just want my period to come if it's going too as I feel really bloated and generally bleh and although my boobs were achy, they're not anymore so I think I just want to know one way or the other. Feel like af is on the way today though, so we will see. Good luck to you!!

Sarah182 Thu 22-Jan-15 11:41:55

Hi is anyone out there!!!
Has anyone taken pregnancy tests after they have missed their period which showed negative results but later they found out they were pregnant???
I was due on 4 days ago and have done lots of tests but they are all saying negative. I had sex with my partner yesterday and bled a little straight after so I thought it was my period starting but it wasn't. I've had dull aches in the bottom of my stomach and have been feeling really tired and a little sick. I have 2 children and I feel like I felt when I was pregnant with them. I went to see my doctor today and he said to wait until Monday and to do another HPT and to bring a urine sample to the surgery. He said it can take a week for a positive result to show. I feel pregnant but I'm not sure if I am. Has anyone had anything similar to me please?

Kirstygough Mon 19-Jan-15 16:04:16

I am 2 weeks late for my period and i have taken dozens of test but the are all negative.

Miamiink14 Fri 16-Jan-15 11:05:24

Hi I am now 11 days late and it is now getting to me I have gone 4 tests and they have all come back negiative and now it is starting to play on my mind I not just want to know y every test I have done is negative sad

acefacemua22 Wed 07-Jan-15 13:11:47

Hi ladies. Hubby and I have been ttc for a few months. AF is now 8 days late. I have done 5 HPT and all are BFN sad
Went to the doctors to day as I am now on CD41. I'm pretty much always on a 33 day cycle and have even so for the last 5-6 months. I have swollen boobs but they are not sore or sensitive like when I'm due on. I have felt a few light cramps and have waves of feeling sick. But it's more like a combination of wanting to burp and car sickness. But that's it. No other symptoms apart from that and no AF.

I spoke to my mum and when she was 28weeks with me she started bleeding. She went to the hospital who told her she was miscarrying and gave her a D&C. She went back after a month for a check up and they then told her she was STILL pregnant. So now she was worried that I'd be born with a disability because of the interference. But she went full term with me and I am fine. I have spent the last week of my life worrying and spending lots of time reading about pregnancy symptoms. I have pee'd on sooooo many sticks (and those things aren't cheap!) But there are some women who regardless of how physically and visibly pregnant they are NEVER GET A POSITIVE ON A STICK. So now I quit. I'm just going to let nature do it's thing because when all is said and done YOU CAN NEVER EVER TELL. EVER.

There are no formulas, no harden fast rules, you can just never tell.

I went to doctor this morning. I have been referred to hospital for an ultrasound and have a blood test scheduled for next we. We shall see but I am not holding my breath that I'll get a definite answer. Especially after my mums history!

Murphy22 Mon 22-Dec-14 18:38:03

Hi I am 3-4 days late on my period I'm never late and have been feeling sick and tried I have taken 4 test of didferent kind but all came back negative so culd I still be pregnant or is their any other reason

Ellamae24 Wed 17-Dec-14 01:26:51

Hi im 5 days late and normally early. I have experienced light brown discharge and pale pink liquid after intercourse but test came back neg!!! Could i still be pregnant feel really weird???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now