Anyone ever used the turkey baster method and got pregnant? Any advice?

(69 Posts)
PastYourBedtime Wed 13-Aug-08 14:02:24

After a year of trying to get pregnant naturally we have decided to give it a go. Dp suffers from delayed ejaculation (he can ejaculate during masterbation but not sex easily) and i ovulate infrequently, so we have decided to try and give things a helping hand.
If he was to masterbate into a 'cup' and then into a syringe we could then insert it at hopefully the right time. Well thats the plan! Anyone had any success with this method or any thoughts?

gingerninja Wed 13-Aug-08 14:09:33

A friend of a friend has but I'm not sure of the technicalities and I'm a bit blush to ask.

PastYourBedtime Wed 13-Aug-08 14:22:24

In theory it should be simple but in practice i doubt it will be! (How would you aim into a cup?!) I'm just hoping that the it'll work the same way as having sex would - unless the sperm will die in the cup?

Ihavedoneit Wed 13-Aug-08 14:27:42

Sorry for name change but I have used this method of getting pregnant with my partner. He had some issues around sex and just felt too under pressure to do it at the right time for getting pregnant...so we used this method.

Worked first month of trying for us, please feel free to ask anything.

tryingnottoobsess Wed 13-Aug-08 15:03:44

No experience myself, but I remember listening to a radio interview with Sandi Toksvig, who used it with her partner, in fact they had 2 kids I think (female parner, donor was a friend). She said they just bought a pippette from Boots and it was very simple, though obviously she didn't go into great detail with it being national radio! I bet there's info on the internet - I can't look cos I'm at work, but searching 'lesbian pregnancy' or similar might give you some results, because I think 'turkey baster' method is relatively common for lesbians with a willing male friend. Good luck.

PastYourBedtime Wed 13-Aug-08 15:13:48

Thanks. Will def google pippette, was thinking of using a calpol syringe, but the pipe bit doesn't look long enough.
IHAVEDONETHIS - was it awkward, (i mean between the two of you, not the actual thing iyswim) i don't want to put pressure on dp to perform or make him feel uncomfortable. He would prefer to carry on as we are i think because he "wants to be able to create a baby out of making love rather than something cold and sterile" so is there anyway to make it still seem loving? How did you do it?

MrsBates Wed 13-Aug-08 15:16:51

I heard the Sandi Toksvig interview so and was struck with that bit of information but wasn't sure if she was joking. I do have a close friend who is gay and she and her partner are using this method at the moment, with donor who is a mate. No luck for them so far but they have heard of other successes they say so it might just work...

Helsbels4 Wed 13-Aug-08 15:23:03

Why don't you do what you normally do but just before the crucial bit, whip out your cup or whatever for him to do the business into? It's not very attractive but when me and DH were trying for babies, I'd always lay for at least half an hour afterwards with my legs up and resting on the wall cos I heard that a lot of semen runs back out afterwards blush. I fell pregnant on 3rd month of trying with DS and 2nd month with DD. As i said, not attractive but it might help!

Dottydot Wed 13-Aug-08 15:26:03

Hi - slightly different but both my dp and I got pregnant using the old yoghurt pot + syringe method! grin

Our donor would do his bit, keep the pot somewhere warm (on top of a warm radiator did the trick) and then we'd use the syringe.

Dp got pregnant the second time of trying. Took me longer but my body's a bit crap.

Definitely works though - good luck!

PastYourBedtime Wed 13-Aug-08 15:31:58

If we were to have him pull out and then masterbate he would lose his erection almost immeditaly with the pressure. I ought to say that he doesn't masterbate in a traditional way - he squeezes the base or something equally odd. He cant ejaculate any other way and i've never been able to do it for him.
thanks for all your posts - it seems there is hope!

nelix2000 Wed 13-Aug-08 15:58:55

hiya...i conceived ds one this way....using a syringe...5ml....keep sperm at body temp and away from sunlight...conceived 1st time and am trying for numer 2....infact AF is due tomorrow (our first try) so am testing and fingers crossed.....!!! goodluck! any questions I will happily answer for you....

PastYourBedtime Wed 13-Aug-08 16:31:58

Thanks and good luck for testing! I've got to go to the docs on the 23rd to get the results of some blood tests i had done to see if they can regulate my cycle.

makingafamily Wed 13-Aug-08 17:57:06

Hi. Its a method lesbians have been using for years with alot of rainbow babies to show for it.

Me and my DP are due to start TTC next month using this method. Our donor and his partner will come round when the time is right. Pop one into the yoghurt pot and off we go

Tips that have been given to me are:

- Dont use a glass pot
- 5 ml syringe is fine
- Leave the swimmers in the pot for 15-20 mins to allow them to liquidify as easier to suck up into the syringe
- Get to know the angle of your cervix so you know where you aiming for
- Try and have an orgasm after insemination as this helps suck the swimmers up
- Lay with your bottom raised for a minimum of 30 mins after insemination

Good Luck

PastYourBedtime Wed 13-Aug-08 18:25:21

Thanks for the tips. Sorry for tmi but is it the white thicker bits that are the sperm? Have got a little plastic tub to catch it in and will get a syringe type thing from boots. As for the lying down bit - any excuse to put my feet up for half an hour is fine by me lol

makingafamily Wed 13-Aug-08 18:33:57

Just suck the lot up, sperm are too small to see with the human eye and the other bits are just as important as it has the right ph levels for the body and to keep keep the swimmers swimming or something like that. Sorry not the most medical of explanations lol

mslucy Wed 13-Aug-08 21:56:39

had it done in hospital - IUI - and am now pg.

Took a few attempts but got there in the end.

Hurrah for the turkey baster!

nelix2000 Thu 14-Aug-08 08:33:10

pastyourbedtime hi again lol can I say.....when you have your bum in the air....leave the syringe in after the insem, it acts a plug........and as makingafamily says having an orgasm...or two or three>.....lol will act as a vacum for the lil guys and get them where you want them to be....I did this and I kept my bum in the air for 2 hours has dp bring me food etc and watched stuff on tv....it passed quickly and none came out once the syringe was removed.....goodluck!

summerlovin Thu 14-Aug-08 13:44:17

Wow - this thread has great info - I didn't know all this was going on!!!

Does anyone else have any ideas of what you can use as a 'plug' to keep the swimmers in???? Even if you are not using the turkey baster method this is still a problem....

thornrose Thu 14-Aug-08 13:49:32

I can't believe I'm sharing this but my ex partner "suffered with" delayed ejaculation and I got pregnant really easily. I used an ovulation kit to pinpoint best days firstly.
We had sex until I was satisfied then I/he would masturbate him and at the crucial moment I would sit on it grinblush or if we were able too, insert it quickly. It was tricky with the timing but it was a success. Should've namechanged but what the hell!!

PastYourBedtime Thu 14-Aug-08 16:35:45

Thanks all, loads of great tips on this thread. Am going to get a kit to find out when i ovulate and give it a go. Am glad to see i'm not alone, its not the sort of thing i can tell people in real life!

gettingstarted Sun 24-Aug-08 20:52:14

Thank you for all the tips here. We're trying to sort out the technicalities, but as a lesbian couple are lacking sperm and want need a known donor. It's difficult to find one! blush

summerlovin regarding the plug thingy, I think if you look on ebay and enter the word mooncup in some american vendors do something which is for that very purpose. you could of course just get a mooncup and use it for that as well as af, or if you use a diaphragm you could use that too

PastYourBedtime Sun 24-Aug-08 22:52:09

Well my blood tests came back ok, and the doctor is referring dp for a sperm test to make sure everythings ok with him. As my periods are so irregular we don't know when i ovulate so are just giving it ago every couple of days. Having a lot of trouble actually getting it into the pot tho... We've ended up having to scoop it up off his stomach (tmi sorry) and then use the pipette thing. Been keeping my legs up in the air (very undignified!) Thanks for all the tips and fingers crossed for all trying!

sjohnso3 Wed 03-Sep-08 13:22:30

I was so happy to see this post as I thought it was only me and DH who had this problem.

We are ttc and dh suffers delayed ejaculation and then masturbates and holds on till he pushes inside me and then releases - sorry if this is tmi!

Thornrose - I saw your post and was wondering if you had any tips or how long it took you with this method?

Trying hard to not get stressed about it but doing my head in as worried I won't get pregnant.

wantingababylon Thu 18-Sep-08 22:13:38

hello all I was looking around for ideas and found this discussion board! wow. So inspired i went out and bought a medicine syringe (pharmacist only asked what i wanted it for and i had to think on my feet and said it was to dispense medicine to my dog blush!) and got my hubby to do the business...... After almost 3 and a half years of trying the normal way sad i am open to ideas, whilst being on the waiting list at the hospital. will try again tomorrow too, fingers crossed

donnankelly Fri 02-Oct-09 10:29:27

hi.i found this so interesting as my gf and i used the turkey baster and our gorgeous little man just turned 4 and we r currently trying again.it certainly works.i have never really thought about ovulation and when i was due on really just did the doo and wo hooo .
i am very fertile id only have to look at a penis andid be pregnat hahaha not that id want to lol.
good luck to all u guys and gals who r trying for a baby dnt give uphope it really does work.any questions etc feel free to ask x

tina30 Sun 18-Jul-10 16:10:00

My husband and I have been trying seriously for the past year and a half and I have become discouraged. I had heard about this after watching the show "The Game"(LOL) on the WB network and just recalled the episode and wondered if it really worked. I have done some research and If my husband is okay with it then we will start this cycle. I have heard that it is best to locate your cervix before attempting this method. Is that a difficult task?

nick1112 Mon 14-May-12 16:23:20

Hi,
Yes I have used turkey baster and has definitely worked for me. I am married for 5 years and was not comfortable having penetrative sex. I think I was suffering form vaginism. Also my partner and I have a very busy life style so we were unable to find time for all this. I tried using ky jelly, got a dildo (to practice to loosen my vagina) and tried to be calm when my partner tried penetrative sex but this method just didn't work for us. After wasting months on this we decided to use turkey baster method and it worked the first time smile
We got a needle-less syringe from boots for 40p and a small plastic container. I collected my partners sperm (fresh) into the container and used the syringe and gently inserted into my vagina. Since I was in control of the syringe I was more relaxed and I knew I could remove it any time it hurts. Slowly and gently I emptied the syringe into my vagina and lay with my hips up using a pillow for 30 minutes. The timing is also extremely important as this should be done just before the day you ovulate. You can get kits to calculate the exact day and try this method a couple of times during your ovulation days. It worked for me the very first time smile
My fitness level is normal. I wanted to share my experience because I am very very grateful to this forum from where I got this idea and also give hope to people who like me have struggled for months feeling insecure and frustrated.
Please let me know if you have any queries

Pinkiemum Mon 14-May-12 16:32:57

Worked for me twice, second time husband had hardly any sperm and most of them were dead, my gynaecologist did not believe I was pregnant. It only takes one sperm.

We used a small pippette and made sure I was aroused, orgasm is good if you can. Kept my legs in the air for half an hour, don't no if this helped, also being relaxed if possible I think helped me concieve, I did a 5km run the day I concieved, I truly believe that helped as I felt so ahppy afterwards.

Lokking at my miracle baby playing in his jumperoo such a happy boy.

bakky Sun 10-Jun-12 08:56:54

I have just got pregnant this way. I am also grateful to this and other forums for advice, so now that it has worked for me here are my tips. Hub had low motility - got him on preconception vitamins for men and daily blueberries. After ejaculation I used a sterile syringe,(did not leave to liquefy as did not see logic) did the business and a big 'O', then pillow under hips, slept for night. Used clearblue fm, took evening prim and cough syrup, did on last high and two peak days.

Shirley55 Mon 09-Jul-12 06:22:42

Hi, I suffer from vaginismis (painful intercourse) so my husband and I have just started to use a syringe in the hope of getting pregnant. All the comments and tips are really helpful but I have a few questions. Apologies for the descriptive content but to collect the sperm, I usually give my husband a blow job and then spit the contents into the syringe. Does anyone know if my saliva will kill sperm or this technique won't work? Would I be better off having him ejaculate into a cup instead? I also read that air temperature kills sperm so I thought perhaps having it briefly in my mouth and then into the syringe would be better than transferring from a cup to the syringe? Also, I see people have commented that having an organism afterwards is helpful. If you've got your legs in the air/raised after you have inserted the sperm, I think I would find it hard to orgasm in that position?! Any tips?!

chelseax Tue 17-Jul-12 20:26:53

hi, i was thinking about using this method with a turkey baester but wasn't sured if it worked or anything, i thought the sperm died as soon as it was outside the body or was in the air? how long does it last for before it dies?

LilyHart Mon 23-Jul-12 21:57:14

This is fascinating! How long does the sperm keep for?

iloveberries Tue 24-Jul-12 21:32:38

Interesting thread!
Saliva is NOT good for sperm though, hand not blow is the job to focus on!!
Goo luck everyone! X

soul69 Mon 13-Aug-12 05:28:45

Pinkiemum and bakky email me soul69@embarqmail.com my husband has the same issue and we've been trying to get pregnant for a couple years with no luck. Just discouraged, but now that I see ya'll got pregnant I feel their might be hope.

chi123 Mon 13-Aug-12 09:51:24

we are using syringe method to get pregnant from 4 days but when we are sending sperm it was coming out i don't no whether it was going or not.please suggest 1 and half year completed still now no pregnant.

Mumblepot26 Mon 20-Aug-12 23:25:31

Instead of a cup get him to masturbate with a condom on. We got pregnant twice this way,good luck.

blackcatsdancing Tue 21-Aug-12 08:43:44

re plug to keep the swimmers in. Try Instead soft cups, they can be purchased on Amazon.

blackcatsdancing Tue 21-Aug-12 08:49:35

not sure how long they live for outside the body as it depends. Main thing is to not let them dry out and to keep them warm. They should last a couple of hours at least, possibly double that.

pihu12 Mon 17-Sep-12 07:23:11

we are trying for pregnant we are using syringe method at home we use before and after ovulation so can i get pregnant.why we are using means my husband penis is not going in to my cervix.trying from 1 and half year.Can i get pregnant.

pihu12 Mon 17-Sep-12 07:27:00

we are trying for pregnant we are using syringe method at home we use before and after ovulation so can i get pregnant.why we are using means my husband penis is not going in to my cervix.trying from 1 and half year.

Preggomumma Mon 22-Jul-13 00:13:14

Thought I would add to this and tell you my experience! After nearly 2 years of trying for a 2nd baby (1 m/c about 5 months ago) I persuaded hubby to try the syringe method as a last ditch attempt before starting ivf (I'm 36 this year).... I'd worked out my cycle and had been tracking it the whole 2 years so had been covering all bases in terms of jiggy but nothing happening. Anyway this final month before our ivf appointment we tried the syringe method and pretty much did it everyday around ov, before during and after and it's worked! A 50cent syringe from the pharmacy has saved us thousands of dollars and the stress of ivf! I was also really ill over this time so there was no way I was up for any action anyway and tbh, if we do it alot in a short space of time I tend to get thrush and sore etc. Hubby did the deed in a clean pot and I'd put it in within about a minute or 2 and did the whole legs in air thing for about 15 mins each time. Hurrah! Hope this gives done of you hope :-)

RevoltingPeasant Mon 22-Jul-13 19:46:32

Ooh thanks! So kind of you to share. I just started a thread day or two dance about ttc with erectile dysfunction and I decided on the bas of that to use a turkey baster, or boaster as my iPad prefer grin

Congrats - how far along are you?

RevoltingPeasant Mon 22-Jul-13 19:47:11

a thread a day or two since

RaRaZ Tue 23-Jul-13 13:39:52

I read this with interest yesterday. I'd like to try it and we are ttc and things aren't happening as quickly as I'd like. I also have a retroverted uterus, and I worry that the angle of my vagina/cervix makes it harder for the sperm to get where they need to be! I was hoping to inject (by way of syringe!!!) the sperm straight through my cervix as it's nice and open during ovulation. However, DP finds this idea incredibly emasculating. Has anyone else found this? And how did you get past it?

RevoltingPeasant Tue 23-Jul-13 13:44:51

RaRa I don't know, but not wholly sure how to find my cervix. I mean, I know roughly where it is (not THAT dim grin ) but I wouldn't be able to find it accurately enough to shoot through it, I don't think.

DH also doesn't like the idea. It is difficult because I feel like he thinks it's a test of his Manhood, whereas I think the pressure to have penetrative intercourse is unhealthy (for us, with his ED) and it's just a means to an end.

RaRaZ Tue 23-Jul-13 13:55:47

I check my cervix and CM regularly so that wouldn't be a problem. I think I'd try and put a finger in to pinpoint the hole and then put the syringe in alongside so I could shoot it through.... sorry for tmi!!! blush

So has your DH 'allowed' you to do this? I think mine feels the same. I just want a baby quickly after everything I've been through so far, and I think this might be a way to achieve that...but he thinks it's ott, unhealthy, and emasculating hmm Dunno what to do sad

RevoltingPeasant Tue 23-Jul-13 18:41:14

Ra exactly. He sort of says "we'll if that's what you want..." But his expression goes all closed iykwim.

For me, penetrative sex is not this massive goal, having a husband with ED. it's nice but not necessary. We can do other stuff. But it is necessary for ttc so suddenly it becomes really stressy.

If we can do sth which avoids that stress and gives us a higher chance of bfp, I mean, why not?? Ttc is not romantic IMO, it's more like a frickin biology lesson hmm

But DH definitely sees it as me giving up on his ability to make me pg. I try to be sensitive to his feelings but sometimes I just want to burst with frustration as I'm 34 this week and I am too old for ivf on the NHS so we need to do it naturally or give up.

No help, I'm afraid sad

RevoltingPeasant Wed 24-Jul-13 09:06:02

Just randomly, had a chat with DH last night and tried to explain why I was finding this so frustrating. I don't think he really got it, but we agreed that we will try without turkey basters for 2-3 more months and then move to them in the autumn if nothing has happened.

RaRa I wonder if a compromise like that would help you?

RaRaZ Wed 24-Jul-13 21:08:38

I've kinda pushed him to think about it for next month (I'm ovulating atm and it was going to be too much for him right now), so fingers crossed.

lrdavis Wed 31-Jul-13 23:50:47

Hi, my husband and I are 22 and 24.. which I know some people say is to young to worry about having a baby, but we have been trying for over 3 years with no luck sad we have been to the fertility specialists and everything has come back completely normal except for the fact I'm very irregular. My Dr said the only problem he sees is I'm slightly overweight. A girl and work had told my husband she got pregnant with this method just last month I thought she was feeding him full of crap but I guess not lol we have talked and think we are going to try this. Thankfully he doesn't have any problems feeling emasculated or anything.. any tips on the best way to do this?

RevoltingPeasant Thu 01-Aug-13 17:21:21

Lrdavis I haven't tried it yet - DH and I are waiting for a couple of months more to see if we can succeed the old-fashioned way - but if you have been trying for 3 years now I'd use ovulation sticks to see when you are ovulating and then try with turkey basters. There are some people up this thread who have explained it.

Good luck.

Jibberoo Thu 05-Sep-13 08:35:14

Oh god I so want to do this. Dh also suffers from not being able to ejaculate without masturbating and we've been trying for 1yr to conceive 2nd. He's not keen on the idea esp bc we conceived naturally the 1st time (but were both older and more tired which makes it even harder). Thanks for all the tips - will use them if I manage to convince dh. Definitely will start tracking ovulation better and see if that helps. I'm still hopeful that we can somehow manage the natural way. It's strange but I think if we did ivf he'd be more comfortable with the idea. Good luck to everyone

murielspark Thu 05-Sep-13 08:51:15

This is a fascinating thread. I've skimmed it but can't find an answer to question I have:

What sort of cup/pot do you use?
Will a syringe definitely slurp up all the swimmers - it won't fail and leave us frustrated?
How do you prevent the sperm from starting to die as soon as they hit the pot?

I'm clueless. I want to give the method a try as I think it might circumvent some of my cm problems, but if it goes wrong at the crucial moment I'd be kicking myself.

LightTripper Mon 16-Sep-13 15:12:22

Hello Muriel. This is the method OH and I used. We tried a few times in the week leading up to my ovulation (just estimated based on dates and mucus), and only had to try two cycles before it worked. Any pot will do as long as it is super-clean and dry. I used the semen straight away (within 15 mins I guess), and also did big O and hips on cushion for half an hour. It was quite hard to get in the syringe due to gloopiness, and what went in didnt look like much (most stayed in the cup), but that didnt seem to matter. Have to say, it felt a bit silly but definitely loving and not cold or clinical to us, but everybody is different as this thread beautifully proves! Anyway, just wanted to add another positive experience. I was a bit sceptical but it does work!

ragdoll123 Tue 15-Apr-14 11:53:45

Is turkey baster or syringe better???

pitterpatterwishes Tue 20-May-14 04:00:02

Syringe is best
Push air out gently after sucking up
No glass pots
Make sure you have located you cervix
Sperm can be exposed to air for more than 15 minutes as long as it stays warm.
Leave syringe in to plug for 30 min
Elevate the hips during this time
Happy baby making!��

MrsMuhammad Sat 24-May-14 16:21:59

Is it better to use a condom or a cup? I would think that with using a cup the sperm would die.

QOD Sat 24-May-14 16:34:15

Points at 15yr old dd who came into this world via a sample pot, a warm armpit, a syringe and a vibrator.

I was the one who provided the warm arm Pitt and surrogate used the vibrator as we'd heard the same about orgasm.

1moretime Sat 24-May-14 20:06:28

Wow this post is fascinating!
So sperm can survive for a while then?
My DH likes to come on me...blush sorry tmi!
If i were to use a syringe would the sperm be ok to use from my skin?
Xxx

QOD Sat 24-May-14 20:30:26

Probably

1moretime Tue 27-May-14 19:30:53

How far in do you have to insert sperm to beable to co concieve? Would you have to get it as close to the cervix as possible?

LaLaLaLa100 Thu 19-Jun-14 00:49:36

We have attempted with a calpol syringe but i'm not sure it was long enough and not totally sure how i know where my cervic is. could anyone please explain how i should know. i really need to get this right sad

FeelingPositive1 Sun 29-Jun-14 14:25:45

Really glad to have come across this site & this thread. I started using a syringe with my DH this month (AF due tomorrow) and very keen to find out more detail as it seemed a bit fiddly tbh!

We had a MC after ivf this year so thought we'd try this b4 further ivf. DH has had low results with a couple of sperm samples but we did get pregnant naturally once (sadly lost). He also gets stressed & has difficulty performing unfortunately.

I'm worried about injuring myself with the syringe! And wondering how near the cervix to inject the sample? Has anyone done it actually into the little opening or inserted the syringe there, or just put into vagina quite near?!

chookybum Sat 05-Jul-14 06:35:39

Greetings all! I actually do this every second day of my cycle as I'm over OPK's! So easy, just grab some supplies of sterile containers and 10 ml needle less syringes from the pharmacy.Position yourself on your bed with a big pillow under hips and a towel over top of pillow and have a clock handy so u can time 30 mins from when you inject syringe into your vagina.Hubby goes into spare room and watches porn on pc and ejectulates inside container.He brings it to u and goes on his merry way.You sit up on your pillow and pump syringe first to see its working and then suck up semen from base of cup and then any semen on the sides of cup just keep drawing it back till all collected.Then u lay back down with no pillows under your head, only pillows under your hips.Insert syringe as far as is comfortable, hold base of syringe with one hand and push plunger with your other hand slowly .After pressing plunger keep your ankles crossed and elevated ,don't put your feet flat on bed as semen can run out.Slowly remove syringe and discard or u can leave it in if u like as a plug to stop leakage.Put a towel over your privates to keep them warm or in case someone walks in! If u want to orgasm to suck sperm up more just do it with your legs sticking out to the side but don't change your hip or pillow position or it will run out.I don't bother with the big O often, just occasionally.When time is up, get up and use a pad to absorb anything that drips out and don't wipe if you have to pee.Have a shower an hour after you are finished just in case any stragglers are still hanging around outside your v jay jay! If u inject before bed then the semen stays in all nite and u don't have to worry.Most importantly make sure u have all supplies beside u and don't get up during that 30 mins unless its an emergency! Goodluck it's so easy once u try.I'll never go back to BD again when ttc!This is so much better for ttc.Our relationship is better for it and you save the sex part for when you actually feel like making love without any conditions attached.

Queenladytee Sat 09-Aug-14 21:08:56

Hello i have a question me and my DP are trying to have a baby. I would be the one to carry the baby. How long did it that your DP to get prego.

ginge82 Sat 30-Aug-14 07:54:01

Hi all, my hubby also suffers with delayed ejaculation & we've just started using this method (on our first months try now)!! I thought it was just me who was doing this, so glad it's not! I've noted all the tips down lol & will use them on tonights go lol. Fingers crossed for us all trying to get pg using this method x

babyhopefull Wed 03-Sep-14 13:08:34

I found this page a few weeks ago. I kept on coming back to it and getting all hopeful for a baby. But I had to tell DH about it so one day I show him the thread. He went very quiet. But then he smiles and I fill with hope. We got all the things we needed together. We are going to start having a go in November. For the first time we have hope of a baby and I'm so happy. The best thing is its just between us and no one has else is involved. I know its going to take time. But thanks to this thread we are now talking about a baby for the first time. Hope comes in all shapes and sizes.smile

lealea23 Sat 18-Oct-14 00:24:35

hey guys me and my hubby are ttc we have been trying for a while now and im starting to lose hope and im running out of funds my husbands friend has kindly offered to be a donor for us and i hve heard about the turkey baster idea does it actually work? how do you go about it i need help im gettying pretty desperte now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now