Persona Question

(22 Posts)
heartmoonshadow Sun 16-Sep-07 07:25:59

Hi,

I am new to all of this and a friend suggested I use a persona machine. I have bought one and peed on the stick this morning. I got a blue line on the stick is this normal as no information in pack to say so. I assumed it just meant test was working any help appreciated.

belgo Sun 16-Sep-07 07:42:46

doesn't the information in the pack say what the results mean? That seems very strange.

Sorry no help apart form thatsmile

looneytune Sun 16-Sep-07 08:40:41

Hi, I asked this question recently and I kept sticks to compare. I'm pretty sure the blue line is the test window showing the test has been done - I presume you put the stick in the machine after? When you are very fertile, you get another line and when it gets to the same strength as the test line, you're at your most fertile (I'm pretty sure). But I still go by the machine.

HTH

hugatree Sun 16-Sep-07 13:46:03

I've been using persona for 6 years as contraceptive and now ttc. A booklet came with my monitor which had info re test strips can't find my copy sorry, but your booklet may give more advice. The website with contact details is:

www.persona.info/uk/personauserssection.cfm

You can always ask them for a booklet/ user man. if/as you didn't get one with the machine.

My limited understanding is that when using the test strips you should always have one blue line as a control, to ensure the test is working. The second blue line, as you said (looneytunes), indicates times of raised fertility. The booklet did say which hormone, think it was LH, but not entirely sure, sorry. Hope this helps.

H>A>T

MrsPuddleduck Sun 16-Sep-07 14:00:46

Hugatree, presumably it works well as a contraceptive.

Do you mind if I ask you how many days you have to abstain for? I have been thinking of getting one.

mamalex Sun 16-Sep-07 14:16:19

hi, I have been using Persona for the last 8 months. The first line you get detects Oestrogens, the second line, which appears when you're approaching ovulation, detects the LH. You do the first test on day 6, then the other 7 in a row when the machine asks you. When the second line is strong enough an egg sign appears on the monitor. Hope this helps.

looneytune Sun 16-Sep-07 16:09:02

Sorry to hijack but if I didn't get an egg this month does this mean I wasn't fertile enough?

hugatree Sun 16-Sep-07 18:12:05

Willmouse I only have to abstain (clears throat) about 7-10 days depending on my cycle I vary between 28-35 days. So I'm probably not the best person to ask others will probably have lower number of 'red' days due to a more regular cycle.

Although I should say I'm only human and sometimes 'red days' seems to mean, hello sailor!wink So have used condoms on 'red days' although the booklet said to avoid even protected intercourse around this period!

I have really liked it as a method of contraception and so has dh like everything it is not 100% (94%) so you have to be able to accept that 6% risk. Never had any close calls.

The persona website has information, they really should have me on commission today!

Next month hopping it will help me ttc!

bohemianbint Sun 16-Sep-07 18:14:37

Persona's great - used it really successfully for about 8 months...Until one day about two years ago where for some reason I was convinced I wouldn't get knocked up, red light or no...

And here I am on Mumsnet. wink

Am hoping to use it to get pregnant again pretty soon. grin

hugatree Sun 16-Sep-07 18:16:30

That should have been hoping blush unless hopping is proved in the interim as a new method to increase fertility wink

mamalex Sun 16-Sep-07 22:07:39

Hi Looneytune, as far as I know the egg sign means that you have a LH rise, but in an old Mn thread on Persona more than one lady got pregnant without the egg. Check the Persona website as well.

looneytune Mon 17-Sep-07 20:08:31

Thanks.

Can I just ask another question? (hope thats ok)....I started AF late afternoon but it's very light. As we're supposed to store morning urine and only for up to so many hours, is it best to start CD1 tomorrow (i.e. press the button)? AF is very light atm so not sure if you'd call it proper AF yet iyswim.

Sorry to hijack again

mamalex Tue 18-Sep-07 16:06:35

Hi Looneytune, I get some spotting too before my period. The booklet says that if the period starts for example in the afternoon, you must wait until the next morning and press day 1.What I do, I wait until AF starts properly and then I press the m button until the chosen day appears, eg day2 or day3. It doesn't have to be the day 1, as the machine lets you do it up to day99!

looneytune Wed 19-Sep-07 09:21:45

Didn't know you could do that!!! Thanks for the tip!

heartmoonshadow Sat 22-Sep-07 07:15:29

Hello,

Newbie here again! I asked the question about why a blue line - now I need to ask why not a blue line.

I am not simple I assure you and I can pee on a stick but the last 2/3 days of using the stick have resulted in 'clear' windows on the stick. Which if I am reading right means the test has not detected any hormones anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

looneytune Sat 22-Sep-07 13:11:57

If NO lines at all, I'd presume that the test hadn't worked. But then again, if you put them in the persona monitor and the orange light flashes and then stops like normal, I'm not so sure

mamalex Sat 22-Sep-07 16:59:44

It happened to me the first time I used Persona. The helpline told me to save urine in a pot and dip the stick for 15 seconds.I do it this way, and since then no probs!

mamalex Sat 22-Sep-07 17:06:07

I meant to say to "collect" urine in a pot...

looneytune Sat 22-Sep-07 17:45:55

Oh yeah......I pee in a pot too wink

mamalex Mon 24-Sep-07 14:41:18

Hi, just a line to share my sadness: CD1 for me today...

bekkamac Sun 02-May-10 19:19:42

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have just started using persona as a way of trying to find out when I ovulate. This is the first month I have used it and on day 18 I got the O symbol I also got the O symbol on day 19. Is it normal to have the O symbol more than once in one cycle.

Thanks

Alamasama Sat 10-Sep-16 03:41:59

Hi. Hopefully this post isn't too dead.
I am out of persona strips. Do you think I could use other brand? The sell some Chinese from Amazon that have no handle only paper. Have any of you tried?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now