I think I have had an immaculate conception...

(518 Posts)
squashmonster Tue 31-Jul-07 14:25:31

how exciting! do it if you can afford it!
congarts

InShockAndAwe Tue 31-Jul-07 14:23:34

Just called a posh private baby scanning place. They could fit me in this pm if I pay £120 for the privilege (interestingly if it turns out to be twins they will up the charge to £140 ).

What to do, what to do? How did Mary live with this doubt?

lulumama Tue 31-Jul-07 14:14:15

can;t go to a&E !!

might be

1 immaculate conception
2 you had a miscarriage , hence heavy AF and a positive showing
3 you are further along

get GP appt asap !

gosh, how very confusing !

InShockAndAwe Tue 31-Jul-07 14:13:00

WanneBe - Unless you can get pregnant from kissing (without tongues) then I can swear that DH has not had a chance.

InShockAndAwe Tue 31-Jul-07 14:11:41

Have just repeated test. Even very diluted wee gives me a positive in a matter of seconds .

Bloody GP has no appointments left today. Do you think A&E would see me? Or would they Section me as soon as I explained the reason for my visit???

wannaBe Tue 31-Jul-07 14:10:27

if you really haven't had sex then you are certainly further along. But it's also possible to get pregnant if you've been intimate, ie if dp has been inside you but not ejaculated - is this possible?

Cappuccino Tue 31-Jul-07 14:00:26

I had bleeding at around seven weeks with dd2

was a burst blood vessel or some such

felt a bit crampy like AF

so there's that option

Ditzymumofone Tue 31-Jul-07 14:00:17

I had positives for 5 weeks after a miscarriage, your body takes along time to catch up with its self. GP will send you for a scan very quickly.

merryberry Tue 31-Jul-07 13:59:42

laugh

congratulations. sorry i mean hail mary, full of grace...

Tutter Tue 31-Jul-07 13:59:37

i think you will prob find you are further along than you think

InShockAndAwe Tue 31-Jul-07 13:58:37

This is going to sound odd but what if this makes DP think I have had an affair?

I haven't and I am pretty sure that he knows I never would.

AAAGGGHHH. That Joseph was a trusting bloke but can my DP live up to his example?

Roskva Tue 31-Jul-07 13:56:23

Well, I think your dp was more likely to have been involved in this than the holy spirit, even if that was a good few weeks ago.

It might be worth doing another test if you don't believe this one: I seem to remember a gp telling me ages ago that tests are so sensitive that a false positive is more likely than a false negative.

justaphase Tue 31-Jul-07 13:53:03

I have had a false positive before - lasted for a few weeks.

My doctor decided that the bleeding had been an early miscarriage and for some reason my hormones refused to return to non-pregnant levels for a long time.

Tutter Tue 31-Jul-07 13:50:35

ooh yikes

get thee to the docs and a sonographer - only they will have the answer

(congratulations!)

compo Tue 31-Jul-07 13:50:27

or you were very sleepy

HuwEdwards Tue 31-Jul-07 13:50:16

Holy mother of god

cornsilk Tue 31-Jul-07 13:48:58

congratulations

InShockAndAwe Tue 31-Jul-07 13:45:14

Just got a BFP. I took the test during my lunch break, it was more out of boredom than a real belief that I could be preggers.

Am totally stunned.

I have only had 1 AF since giving birth a year ago. That AF was eight weeks ago. I was not surprised when another did not follow 4 weeks later as I thought it would take a while for normal service to resume.

The thing is I have not had sex since the AF. Seriously. Therefore one of the following most be true:

1. I was pregnant before last AF and it was not a real AF. But it was very, very heavy so this seems an unlikely option. It would also make me quite far along (10 weeks?) which is too scarey for words.

2. This is an immacualte conception.

I am not at all sure what to beleive. Am sitting at my desk staring at the test. Have not called DP yet. Maybe I should call the Vatican instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now