IVF WITH DONOR EGGS....PLEASE HELP!

(45 Posts)
tempi Thu 26-Jul-07 22:12:52

I am about to start IVF with known donor eggs in 2 weeks time......can anyone tell me about their experience.....not sure what to expect...just wanting to hear something positive!!!!This is our last chance.

We have had 3 miscarriages and I am over 40yrs....they tell me it is due to the age of my eggs as all tests on me and my DP are normal.

Any info or advice welcome.

aaronsmummy05 Thu 26-Jul-07 23:23:48

i do not have experience in this area hun but wish you and your dp the very best of luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you x think positive thoughts ok xx good luck x

Expedite Fri 27-Jul-07 15:53:12

I've done it (or rather, my wife did!). It was one hell of a rollercoaster, but it worked first time, after several failed IVF cycles.

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know.

RosyBelle Fri 27-Jul-07 21:02:59

Hi Tempi

I have just had 2 attempts at ICSI attempting to conceive a 2nd child... so good luck with your treatment.

My sis-in-law had 4 goes at IVF... all Negative. She was told her eggs were just not good enough.
Her 5th go was with DE and was neg. Her 6th go was with different DE and was positive and she now has a gorgeous DD... 4 yrs old. When the last treatment worked she was 41.

Its amazing when it works as I'm sure you will find out.

R
xxx

tempi Fri 27-Jul-07 21:51:01

Thanks arronsmummy05, will try too!

Expedite....oh my god its great to hear from a male (sorry thats silly of me you may be female and have a female partner????? sorry if I offend??)

Anyway... when you say failed IVF cycles, do you mean with your wife's own eggs......then you tried donor eggs??????

is your wife over 40yrs?

Did it work first time?

Did she have time off work to rest after she had the emrbryo transfer???

Hope you don't mind the questions!

tempi Fri 27-Jul-07 21:53:17

rosybelle...your IVF was it with donor eggs???? and these 2 attempts ....did they work????

Sorry but what does DE mean???

Sorry bit thick!

aloha Fri 27-Jul-07 21:54:55

This isn't from personal experience, but I have written about the subject, and really your age is almost irrelevant if you are using donor eggs - it's the age of the eggs that matters! Good luck.

tempi Fri 27-Jul-07 21:55:34

rosybelle....just realised what DE is! (donor eggs!)

Oh god........Can not afford it to fail ...paying £50000..can't pay that again for different DE!

If it fails.....then we close the door!

tempi Fri 27-Jul-07 21:56:52

aloha! thank you...... my donor eggs are 29yrs! and my donor has 2 lovely children under 3yrs

aloha Fri 27-Jul-07 21:59:47

Well, that sounds wonderful - very promising. You know there are no guarantees, but you couldn't really ask for a better chance.

3andnomore Fri 27-Jul-07 22:00:44

Best of luck to you! Hope it works out, those 3 m/c's must have taken their toll on you emotionally already!
Hoping to see a bfp from you soon!

tempi Fri 27-Jul-07 22:03:32

girls.......you are all so wonderful! thank you so much for the well wishes

3andnomore......yes the 3 miscarriages have been so draining we have almost reached the end of our coping...the last one, we got to 11 weeks with heart beat scans from 6 weeks. Then at 11 weeks my baby's heart beat just stopped........

3andnomore Fri 27-Jul-07 22:07:15

aww...that must have been really upsetting...
I have had 2 m/c's...one before my first son and one after...however, when pg with es I was told I had a miscarriage asd the stupid doctor coudn't see him on the scan and I was bleeding...and those days, until I knew that he was there afterall, all sort of thoughts went through my head...like...why me, and it's not fair and what if we never have children...
in the end of course I ended up with 3 ds's...pure luck!
But m/c'sa re difficult to take, because it's usually that you want that Baby so much and then this happens...
anyway,I truely wish you best of luck!

aaronsmummy05 Fri 27-Jul-07 22:10:45

aww hun i really want this to work for you as i know what its like to have a mc and its awful as everyone who has experienced this knows xxx really wishing you the best luck and can you let us know what happens xxxx

onlyjoking Fri 27-Jul-07 22:13:41

after 2 years of trying i had a ectopic then went on less then 2 months later to be pregnant with twins (now 13)then had a MC then had DS, we were told after the ectopic to think about IVF. after having DS i went on to donate eggs and the couple had a baby girl

tempi Fri 27-Jul-07 22:29:54

3andnomore and arronsmummy5 thank you........

will let you know what happens...we start our drugs in 2 weeks...the tranfere will be about second week in sept?

onlyjoking...... what a very very special woman....You gave the most incredible gift after your heartaches and successes!

I would donate my eggs tomorrow.....if I could.

onlyjoking Fri 27-Jul-07 22:52:57

dunno about special ,i just took things for granted, i thought that when we decided to have a baby then 9 months later we would have one, it all seemed so simple, if only life was like that, i just felt it was the right thing to do at the time, i recieved 3 lovely letters from the couple and i will always keep them as a reminder of the joy those eggs gave.
good luck and keep us posted.

DutchOma Sat 28-Jul-07 12:26:14

I think you are incredibly special, not 'seen' you on the prayer thread, so...how do we pray for you just at the moment?
Praying too for Tempi? Is that in order?

Budababe Sat 28-Jul-07 12:30:53

Oh Good Luck!

I have one DS who was conceived after 1st attempt at IVF when I was 37.

Tried again (I was 42) last year but only got one egg. Tried anyway but it failed.

Am considering trying again with donor eggs.

Will watch this thread with interest.

tempi Sat 28-Jul-07 14:01:05

dutchoma! oh yes that is in order, I am so grateful!

Budababe...sorry to here about your sad news last year....

Thinking about starting an IVF thread?????

Budababe Sat 28-Jul-07 14:49:01

Maybe if I actually get my head around the donor eggs thing! Not sure how I would feel about child being genetically DH's but not mine.

tempi Sat 28-Jul-07 15:09:40

yea see what you mean budababe........ but a lot of women believe in 'nurture' over 'nature' and I guess I am one of them. I just think, if I have carried my baby in my womb and nurtured it into this world and it was half my DH... then to me it is mine also.

I guess everyone is different.

Budababe Sat 28-Jul-07 15:23:04

I do agree - at least I think so!

DH is adopted and our DS is his one and only blood relative that he knows of and it was really lovely that DS looked so much like him. But I can see myself in there too.

And I am sure that if we were to go ahead and be lucky enough to be successful then of course the baby would feel 100% mine. I just need to get it straight in my head really. Need to make sure I am ok with it.

Hmm. I think you may have prompted me to actually DO something about it and at least see the doctor to discuss it all!

(I live in Budapest and I THINK it is easier to have donor eggs here than in UK but need to check it out).

Will keep you posted!

onlyjoking Sat 28-Jul-07 21:31:36

thanks Dutchoma, prayers needed more than ever DH is quite poorly, DH had repeat brain scan on thursday,we are hoping the tumour has not grown and that his MS can be controlled.

RosyBelle Sat 28-Jul-07 21:38:33

Hi Girls

Sorry I haven't been online since I posted and this threads gone crazy

Tempi... yes DE is Donor Egg... my sis-in-law had 2 attempts with DE in London (it was Egg Share which meant that someone having IVF shared their eggs with sis-in-law but no details are known about her).

sis-in-law got pregnant with her DD on the 2nd go... after the 1st Egg Share failed they matched sis-in-law with someone else who wanted to Egg Share and it worked....
Previous to these 2 DE attempts she had 4 attempts with her own eggs which had been deemed inferior... hense the egg share.

My 2 attempts at IVF have been with my own eggs... but no joy so far.

Hope this all makes sense... and to you & Budababe can I say please don't have any concerns about DE... my sis-in-law carried that baby, gave birth to her and there is just no question... nurture over nature is best. She is beautiful and only a few of the family know anyway... and sooooo many people tell her how much DD looks like her... she is developing all sis-in-laws ways and gestures....
And just to add my DD was conceived naturally and is a cross between my DH & my sister... she looks nothing like me!!!!

Wishing you both the best of luck...
Rose
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now