Freaked by bfp after miscarriage

(9 Posts)
everythingis Sat 26-Nov-16 12:29:49

Had the mc at 6 weeks. No procedure as the blood tests showed only a speck of hcg left by then. Had one normal period on October and tested positive yesterday - period about a week late
Feel bit freaked. Is it safe? I would rather not go to gp just yet as don't feel far enough along and assume I will bleed again like last time.

Any expertise? I had 2 healthy pgs in the past

SirChenjin Sat 26-Nov-16 12:36:44

No expertise sadly, but just wanted to wish you well flowers.

everythingis Sat 26-Nov-16 12:38:31

Thanks. Mc pg was total shock. This one is even more shocking!!

BIWI Sat 26-Nov-16 12:38:39

Hopefully congratulations!

I got pregnant really quickly after my miscarriage. I did have to have an ERPC.

I'd go and see the GP just for some reassurance.

flowers

crusading Sat 26-Nov-16 14:08:14

I mc in early October and really hoping to catch this cycle, first cycle after mc - when I asked at the scan after the mc I was told it was fine to start trying as soon as 😀.
Congratulations and go to the doctor to ask for an early reassurance scan x

Maybebabybee Sat 26-Nov-16 14:10:05

I had a 6 week miscarriage and got pregnant again immediately. He's currently hairing around the living room grin

Purpleprickles Sat 26-Nov-16 22:38:34

Another one who got pg straight after a miscarriage. She is now refusing to sleep in the cot next to me. Good luck OP, hope it all works out for you.

everythingis Sat 26-Nov-16 23:24:29

Thanks for all the replies. We had the internal scan booked last time and I lost it before we even got to the appointment. Really I lost the baby before I even accepted I was pregnant. Don't want that again would prefer to wait for the 12 week one now I know conceiving straight after mc isn't hugely risky

Purpleprickles Sun 27-Nov-16 22:44:22

Everything my advice would be to do whatever reassures you in this pregnancy and whatever feels right for you. I had my booking apt weeks before my scan and then found out I had mc. The next time I requested my booking appt after the 12 week scan because I couldn't face all then "where do you want to have the baby" questions before I knew I was actually going to be having a baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now