OK just WHAT

(7 Posts)
Angelil Thu 24-Nov-16 18:23:37

This is probably the eleventy-millionth "am I pregnant" thread to ever arise on here :p And I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place. But I really need to know what you all think.

I think I conceived around October 30th and from about Nov 2nd I was having symptoms that ALL seemed to tally with early pregnancy:
- Alternately, diarrhoea and constipation (ugh, sorry)
- More discharge than usual
- Increased need to urinate
- Some very light spotting (that could have been implantation bleeding?? I NEVER spot)
- Some visual disturbances that were VERY cool but definitely not normal (blue/orange dots dancing in front of eyes plus gold glitter kind of raining down in front of my eyes)
- very occasional mild nausea
- heartburn
- tenderness in breasts (again NEVER happens to me even around time of the month)
- occasional feelings of dizziness/wooziness
- occasional feelings of feverishness
- very definite and frequent unusual sensations in stomach: pulling/tightening, 'popping' sensation, a feeling of the stomach 'dropping' like being on a rollercoaster, stomach gurgling
- more tired than normal
- CRAMPS. OMG the cramps. For weeks on end.

...there are even more I've forgotten since week 1 of all this, I'm sure!
But after all this I was SURE I must be pregnant.
On the 18th and 19th November I bled. Kind of like a short period (mine normally last 5 days). It did come around the time of my expected period.
On November 22nd I did a pregnancy test. But it's the first time I ever did one so I think I messed it up (did it in the evening plus had just drunk loads of water not that long before so urine would have been very diluted...both things I have since found out you are not supposed to do). The test came out negative.
We are now November 24th and I am definitely still experiencing some of the symptoms above. After everything I listed (and as mentioned probably more that I missed out) I was AMAZED that the test didn't come out positive.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it worth doing another test now or should I wait another few weeks? (If what I experienced on the 18th/19th was in fact my period then my next would be due around December 15th). I am just SO confused. We were not even TTC! I have no idea why I am experiencing all of this if I am not actually pregnant and was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar. Thanks in advance for any replies smile

WantingBaby1 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:26:43

Do a test tomorrow morning with a first response early results test. Seems unlikely that you're pregnant if you had a period, but best to find out.

MouseLove Thu 24-Nov-16 18:34:29

It sounds like you were poorly, had an infection or just had a weird cycle. You'd certainly test positive now with FMU. Symptoms usually start around the 5-6 week mark and usually before it's all mental - at least that's what the experts say.

Chattycat78 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:48:08

Yeah sorry the nausea etc doesn't kick in til at least week 6. Also a test would show positive even if it was just faint due to diluted urine. Do another one anyway with fmu but if that's negative I'd say you can rule it out

Pidlan Thu 24-Nov-16 18:57:12

I think that those kinds of symptoms can often come from worrying/hoping about pregnancy- I have certainly had symptoms when I have had unprotected sex and I have been completely convinced. (I even got so worked up once that I might be pg, my period was a good few days late...)

haveacupoftea Fri 25-Nov-16 00:49:45

If you are pregnant the overwhelming probability is that your first symptom is a positive hpt. You have convinced yourself that you are pregnant and are now paying attention to your body in a way you never did before, you symptoms are almost certainly stress related as you've got so worked up. The facts are:

You've had your period
You have had 2 negative hpts

Therefore you are not pregnant.

Angelil Fri 25-Nov-16 18:03:54

Only 1 negative HPT :p but I take your point.
Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now