Do my periods sound normal or are they irregular???

(5 Posts)
SusanDelfino Wed 23-Nov-16 14:55:26

I am 33 with 2 DC who I conceived at 27 and 29 on the first attempt each. I do not remember how long my cycles were pre DC but DC2 was conceived while breastfeeding and a short luteal phase. I now have a copper coil and apart from some mid cycle spotting I wonder if my periods are irregular and if so whether that's due to the coil or whether it's me and says something about possible fertility issues. My last few cycles were 23, 33, 26, 28 and 24 days. Does this sound problematic or fairly normal?

Inthenick Wed 23-Nov-16 14:57:28

I don't know what its due to, maybe the coil? But those are not regular periods. Sometime irregular periods are normal for some people so its hard to answer your questions about that. So they are certainly irregular but may be normal (to you?).

MouseLove Wed 23-Nov-16 15:19:18

Anything between 26-35 days is considered normal. HOWEVER. you have a cool, so I would not expect you to be regular I don't think.

SusanDelfino Wed 23-Nov-16 15:34:47

I wish I could stop obsessing about this. I'm not planning DC3 at the moment but it's certainly something I would like at some point and w er since I've started paying attention to my cycles I'm stressing about them.

Silversun83 Wed 23-Nov-16 15:47:03

It took me 12 months to conceive my DD (now six months old) when I was 32. In that year, my cycle length varied from 23-31 days (with one 37 day cycle but I think that was anovulatory). I queried this exact issue then but when I went to the GP to start fertility tests (ironically two weeks before I conceived!), she said it was fine. The luteal phase usually stays about the same but when you ovulate can vary so probably the reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now