ttc and cycle length after breastfeeding

(4 Posts)
ScarletBegonia1234 Sun 20-Nov-16 16:02:08

Hi, my ds is 19 months old and I bf him until last month. I did not have periods while bf, but had my first pp period last month (oct) so we have started ttc no.2. Before ds my cycles were 32-36 days long

I am now on day 40 of this cycle and still no AF. I don't think I am pregnant yet as no symptoms and did one test last week that was negative. I was just wondering if people could share their experiences of what happened to their cycle after bf....were they longer than before? Should I just keep doing weekly tests if AF doesn't arrive? Any advice appreciated!

MouseLove Sun 20-Nov-16 18:58:46

Not personally as I'm TTC1 but my friend stoped BF her son and bled for 4 months off and on. Like when coming off birth control it can take up to 6 months for your cycles to level out again. I wouldn't test again unless you are getting symptoms or having 60+ cycles. My last cycle was 50 days. X

ScarletBegonia1234 Sat 26-Nov-16 06:59:14

Well I got my bfp yesterday so looks like that explains it! Had totally no idea had none of the early symptoms I had last time!

user1471496670 Sat 26-Nov-16 21:51:33

Wow! Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now