Short cycle and LP of 7-9 days. When to have day 21 progesterone test?

(6 Posts)
HeyPresto1 Sun 20-Nov-16 09:15:31

I would be very grateful for some advice as I am feeling rather muddled re the best day to have this done! I tend to ovulate on CD15 or CD16 and then typically get my period 7, 8 or 9 days later so I am pretty sure that CD21 is too late for an accurate result? Any help with this would be fab.

sarahboro1 Sun 20-Nov-16 12:33:16

I had mine done right through my cycle so we could see the pattern. Mine were every 7 days as I have a 28ish day cycle so maybe you could have it done every 4/5 days through your cycle? Xx

HeyPresto1 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:05:05

Many thanks for your help, Sarah. My GP has only given me two forms though, one for the day 3 test and one for the day 21. I have to go along to my local hospital on the correct day of my cycle and I fear she would take a dim view if I asked for additional tests! I am guessing that I should adjust it due to my shorter cycle and LP so probably CD18 or 19 would be best?

sarahboro1 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:10:17

Just remind her you pay for the NHS!!! 😂 Yes I'd take it shorter then if I was you. Good luck, let us know how it goes. Xx

MrsY87 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:53:44

I had mine done and the GP was clueless just told me to go in the second half of my cycle. I read the article below and went at 7dpo, result came back low (11.7) so I saw a consultant who said it had been misstimed as my period started 4 days later so I'd likely missed the peak which he suggested is half way through your LP, my LP is 11 days so I should really have gone at 5/6dpo rather than 7 dpo. So my advice would be to use opks/temp so you know when you have ov'd and then go half way through your LP, good luck!

http://www.zitawest.com/focus-on-progesterone-tests/

HeyPresto1 Sun 20-Nov-16 23:19:11

Thank you so much, MrsY. Excellent advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now