Bbt chartering ladies I need you advise for my weird sleeping pattern

(8 Posts)
Tinks100887 Sat 12-Nov-16 10:43:59

Hi

As it says above, I never have a full nights sleep without waking up through early hours.
I know your bbt temp is supposed to be taken at same time every day etc. My usual time is 06:30 the time I wake up for work.
Anyway I've almost been waking up at 4am every morning, for the last two weeks. And I've had at least 4 hours sleep no waking in between.
I have been taking my bbt at that time, which is always giving me a higher reading
( rise )
I'm also still taking my bbt at 06:30 which is a lower temp, obviously I'd have only been sleeping for 2 hours from waking up the previous.

I've noted my temps down on my app for the 4am's and I've been chatting my 06:30 temps onto my graph.

This probably sounds ever so confusing but which temps would you go with out of the two ?

Thanks girls x

danigrace Sat 12-Nov-16 12:22:48

I'd go with whichever you have the most of, if you have predominantly 4am temps go with those. However that would mean you'd have to stick with 4am temps for the second half of your cycle to accurately identify the shift...

MoonlightMojitos Sat 12-Nov-16 23:45:42

Do you fine it easy to go back to sleep after you wake? If you do, why don't you try taking your temp at 4am every morning, then dosing back off? I'd say they're more reliable as you've been asleep the longest.

Tinks100887 Sun 13-Nov-16 11:52:36

Erm I toss and turn afterwards for a while. Do you think i should just take it at whatever time I wake up or my sleep patterns are up and down ?

danigrace Sun 13-Nov-16 20:22:55

Tinks I wouldn't as your bbt varies alot depending on the time so you wouldn't get a reliable chart. If I were you I'd either:
- set my alarm for 4am, grab the bbt off my bedside without turning the light on, then go right back to sleep. Almost all thermometers show the ladt reading when you first turn them on so you can record it when you get up.
- or just decide this isn't the best method for you and swot up on monitoring cervical mucus and/or cervical position as fertility indicators. And use cheapie opks

Tinks100887 Sun 13-Nov-16 21:03:41

Thank you Hun I will do that.

I've had brown spotting this morning and nothing since. Hoping its implantation xx

danigrace Sun 13-Nov-16 21:59:16

Fingers crossed for you Tinks

Tinks100887 Sun 13-Nov-16 22:05:36

Thank you danigrace xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now