Ttc for a long time- imagining pregnancy symptoms?

(14 Posts)
Bummymummy77 Fri 11-Nov-16 19:22:32

Ttc # 2 for 2.5 years now. One miscarriage 9 months ago.

Every month I convince myself I'm pregnant at last and am not.

This month feels different.

Is it possible to know on day 8 past ovulation?

It's day 8 so could be implantation day. I have a greenish thick mucus, feel like I've been hit by a train, very nauseous, stabby ovary pains, basal dipped right down yesterday (7 dpo so on track for ovulation dipping.)

Anyone else convince themselves of pregnancy every month?! Can implantation exhaustion and nausea be a thing?

Yawninghippo Fri 11-Nov-16 19:27:58

I'd be worried about the pain and greenish mucus, could possibly be an infection?

Bummymummy77 Fri 11-Nov-16 19:39:54

Oh bloody hell. That would be just my luck. Imagining an infection is pregnancy!

Bummymummy77 Fri 11-Nov-16 19:40:43

It's little ovary twinges. Could that be infection? I did have a bust cyst a while back. Ugh to be somewhere with decent bloody healthcare. sad

Tinkfromlovejoy Fri 11-Nov-16 19:53:29

Yep! Been ttc for nearly 7 years (or thereabouts) and some months I get completely convinced, even now.

Green mucous does sound a bit infectiony, maybe have a quiet word with a pharmacist.

Bummymummy77 Fri 11-Nov-16 20:00:56

It's mostly white with a tiny green tint. Doesn't smell or anything. Can't get to a chemist until Tuesday. Bah.

I think I actually do get pregnant a lot it's just the hanging on to it that's the problem.

Bummymummy77 Fri 11-Nov-16 20:01:20

Have you had my conclusive testing tink?

PoppyPicklesPenguin Fri 11-Nov-16 20:08:35

I have lots of experience of being pregnant and very sadly of loosing them, 5 of my miscarriages have been chemicals - only mention this as you think you have multiple chemicals too.

I do know around 10dpo if I'm pregnant start to feel lots of symptoms, and have implantation pain about 3 days before.

I've never had green discharge I think that does sound like an infection of some sort, I'd be concerned with your cyst history but I'm not a doctor I was a dispensing tech (assistant pharmacist quite highly qualified - I am no longer so my advise is just my own) for a while and I personally think you should go to a doctor and have this checked out.

Sorry to hear so many sad stories on this thread, I've not been pregnant now for three months due to finding out the drug my partner was put on had a 1% chance of stopping me from getting pregnant. This has driven me quite literally insane I can't imagine years so flowers to you and for those who have experienced miscarriage it is awful.

The drug DP is on is a common high blood pressure medicine just in case this suddenly makes something click in other women.

Tinkfromlovejoy Fri 11-Nov-16 20:09:36

Yep I have a full spectrum of ishoos! None on their own sufficient to make me infertile but the combo doesn't appear to work in my favour. Not a good candidate for IVF either.

Awkward question but does the mucus stink? If it's smells I'd get some of that over the counter bv/thrush medication. Your pharmacist will point you in the right direction.

MattsMamma Fri 11-Nov-16 22:00:18

Just stumbled in this thread - -POPPY is the drug Ramipril by any chance?

haveacupoftea Fri 11-Nov-16 23:06:51

I had 'symptoms' every month except the month I conceived!

Bummymummy77 Sat 12-Nov-16 13:30:02

Thanks Poppy. I've had no more discharge but will if any shows up. Dh isn't on any medication.

Tink- ugh that sucks. It's almost worst when it's uncertain as you get so excited every month!

Have a cup- ha! Maybe that's the whole 'giving up' think which is what happened when ds was finally conceived!

MouseLove Sat 12-Nov-16 18:29:31

It sounds like you have an infection hunny. X get to the docs. I can't imagine how hard it must be, are you having fertility treatment? You should not really experience any symptoms until around 5-7 weeks pregnant anything before is usually mental symptoms. X

lalalalafunk Sun 13-Nov-16 17:51:10

We're starting clomid this month. Thanks. Sit tight for a week and wait I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now