IVF

(5 Posts)
Scrappysmammy Mon 31-Oct-16 16:45:25

Does anyone have experience in IVF? Which is the best clinic?
Can we get funding if my partner already has 2 DCs?
How many rounds does it 'usually' take?

Any help appreciated?

sammylou1 Tue 01-Nov-16 07:57:47

Hi scrappy, really sorry you find yourself having to ask this question. It's tough.

Funding seems to vary wildly from county to county however I have never heard of anyone getting treatment NHS funded when 1 partner already has DCs. You'll probably be looking at private.

I don't think there is an average time for it to work, for us it was 3 transfers and I'm currently 19 weeks. It's been a hard road though with many set backs and false starts. I don't say this to scare you, I just wish I'd been a bit more clued up on potential failure reasons.

The best clinic I guess would depend on where abouts you are. I used a CARE facility and they were excellent, but I have no experience of anywhere else to compare.

Hope this helps?

Scrappysmammy Tue 01-Nov-16 08:16:40

Thanks Sammy and congratulations. We're just starting to look at possible clinics, a fiend even said to go abroad as they have better chances, surely doctors would have the same method?

Thanks again

sammylou1 Tue 01-Nov-16 11:33:30

I'm not sure about the chances, but it's definitely cheaper to do IVF abroad. I've heard great things about Czech Republic. I would suggest taking a look at the infertility boards, you're bound to find one which fits your situation. Xx

Scrappysmammy Tue 01-Nov-16 12:47:27

Great stuff, thanks for your help xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now