Daysy temp monitor thingy

(6 Posts)
BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 29-Oct-16 17:49:46

I'm thinking of buying one of these but they're expensive so looking for more feedback from people who have used them. We have been using withdrawal method for ages (successfully!) and feel like this would give more assuance, plus would help TTC in the new year. Their social media is really sparse, only 6 amazon reviews (all 5 star).

MouseLove Sat 29-Oct-16 21:12:30

Do you mean a basal thermometer?
Most of use one like this. It's £5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LUSWC5W

MouseLove Sat 29-Oct-16 21:14:29

And track charts on fertility friend. I think what you've been looking at is gimicy.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 29-Oct-16 22:36:46

Oh cool! That's much cheaper. I have never looked at fertility friend etc, never tracked anything ever. Do you have to learn what the different temperatures mean? That shouldn't take too long I suppose. I mean, does it tell you if you're OK to have sex and not get pregnant, like the Daysy does? I'm looking at it from more of a contraception rather than conception angle, at the moment. My friend has the Daysy and said it's worked perfectly for her for the past year but agree it seems ridiculously expensive for a thermometer. But for some reason I am drawn to it! I'm a very easy sell blush

MouseLove Sat 29-Oct-16 23:09:10

No. temperature reading will tell you when you ovulate. If you're using as a contraception then please don't as it will only tell you AFTER you have ovulated. It will not be accurate or safe to do so using ANY pull out method. Use condoms.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sun 30-Oct-16 06:02:58

OK. Current method has worked for us for 4+ years just fine. Can't use condoms and definitely don't want hormonal contraception. Or copper coil <faints at the thought> We will continue as we are then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now