Pregnant on implant?

(9 Posts)
AnxiousBetty Sat 29-Oct-16 11:45:55

Earlier this year in April I had the implant fitted, I went through an abortion which was forced on me by DP. My partner and I split up very shortly afterwards.
The implant I had fitted with the abortion was Nexplanon and I have had almost constant bleeding every day up until about 2-3 weeks ago when it just stopped randomly.
I am currently in a new relationship however it is only 2 weeks old, I ashamedly slept with someone approx 3 weeks ago and a different guy 6 -8 weeks ago.
I am panicking massively as the symptoms I had with my previous pregnancy this year are coming back, I have had very sore sensitive nipples for the past 10 days or so which has never ever happened before apart from the pregnancy afore mentioned. I had one day with some white discharge which hasn't happened since getting the implant. And I am feeling absolutely exhausted all the time suddenly for no apparent reason.
Could this be the implant randomly playing up with my hormones

physicskate Sat 29-Oct-16 16:04:38

It could be the implant - many people anecdotally say they feel pregnant while on the implant.

The only way to know is to take a test.

theothersideoftheworld Sat 29-Oct-16 16:10:35

It's unlikely you are pregnant. Some of the symptoms you describe are also side effects of the implant. The erratic bleeding is really normal too.

AnxiousBetty Mon 31-Oct-16 17:02:58

Would a symptom like peeing a lot be put down to the implant

physicskate Mon 31-Oct-16 19:28:01

Taking a test is the only way to rule out pregnancy. Lots of things can increase urine output or 'urgency' (like a uti).

TwentyCups Mon 31-Oct-16 19:35:31

Sounds like a tough year flowers

I've got an implant which was implanted too deep and I'm due to have it out later this year. I've had a coil fitted ready for its removal for several reasons - mostly because of the erratic, near constant bleeding which the implant has caused which is quite honestly ruining my life in many ways.
Aside from this the side effects are so similar to pregnancy that I never manage to enjoy a bleed free time without panicking and taking many unnecessary pregnancy tests. I had one before and had no trouble, but for now I want hormone free contraception- which leaves one option - the copper coil.
You might find something which tends to give you a monthly bleed better to get on with. The coil does this but it's not the only option. I hate the pill because I always forget to take it, but maybe a patch would suit you, or a ring? Both of these are left on/I for three weeks and then you bleed. Might help you stop worrying about pregnancy and also give u regular periods again.

Try to set your mind at ease by remembering the implant is literally the best contraceptive there is in terms of effectiveness. Very very few women fall pregnant on it.

AnxiousBetty Thu 03-Nov-16 15:37:06

It's not so much the bleeding that's worrying me and that's completely stopped and I haven't bled for about a month now, it's more the symptoms as I've had the implant for 6 months or more but never had any side effects apart from the constant bleeding. It just shocks me that I've all of a sudden started getting "side effects" / "symptoms" whatever they are!
White cm, sore nipples, slightly enlarged boobs, no bleeding, extreme tiredness, needing the loo a lot.

MouseLove Thu 03-Nov-16 18:52:02

Take a test. That's the only way to know for sure really. To be honest I've had those symptoms on the pill.

Lainieslife Mon 14-Nov-16 19:52:50

I don't really know how to make a new forum so thought I would jump in....

I've been feeling sick
Tired...to the point that I had to take a week off work to sleep. And earlier I went food shopping came home and fell asleep.
I've got sore beasts .
I've been super emotional...ANYTHING sets me off lol. I cried earlier because my mate couldn't meet me for a coffee haha
And about two weeks ago I had a few little spots of blood and nothing more.
I have definitely gained weight and in my eyes I shouldn't be, I go to the gym, eat clean and I've got a very round tum (not around the sides) and also when I lay down it's still there and when I lightly press on my tummy, from my belly button I can feel pressure where I push and there a hard bit. When I stand it also feels hard at the base
Everything right now is pointing to pregnancy and I "feel" pregnant.

I am on the implant, and have been for years and never had anything like this.

A doctor done a pregnancy test which was negative and just said "well it's rare to happen, the rest is negative so we will go with that"

Ive read stories about it happening, a lot more than I would of liked lol. I have done a few tests...all negative. I've spoke to one doctor and got the "oh that's rare to happen so doubt it's that" and that was it. I just don't know where to go from here and what to do!! Any advice would be great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now