Agnus Castus has had messed up my cycle

(4 Posts)
user1473341836 Fri 28-Oct-16 09:22:57

I've been ttc baby #2 for five months and whilst I got pregnant immediately the first time, I discovered this time that I had a short luteal phase (I breastfed until my DS was 21 months and he's now 24 months - stopping only because I was ttc) with a positive OPK on CD21 of a 28 day cycle. So I started taking Agnus Castus two months ago. The first month I got a positive OPK on day 21 as usual but my cycle increased to 32 days. This month, I started testing on CD10 as usual and I'm now on CD36. No positive OPK, no period, my skin has erupted but a BFN just now. I'm so confused. I'm 37 btw. Anyone else had a similar experience? I'm confused as to whether I should stop taking AC or persevere. Any advice? Thanks smile

Maverickismywingman Fri 28-Oct-16 10:34:27

Firstly, why are you taking it and was it recommended by a doctor?

Then I say, please discuss with a professional.

And if in doubt, stop taking it.

GraceGrape Fri 28-Oct-16 10:44:22

I take it as it seems to help with my skin. The first month I took it regularly I had a longer cycle than usual then things settled down.

I think you have to be very careful if you are using it while trying to conceive. I took it while I was TTC the first time as I had post-pill amenorrhea. My periods did start up again once I started taking it, but if remember correctly, you should only take it pre-ovulation in each cycle if are trying to conceive. Also, if you're in doubt about it, stop taking it. My particular issue seemed to be fixed very quickly so I only used it for about 2 cycles.

caleyplank85 Mon 31-Oct-16 12:08:50

Hi,
AC can really muck up cycles so be careful. It shortened mine from 40 days to 30 days for about 5 months but then stopped working. To others it can actually lengthen your cycle. If you ovulate fine on your own and have good regular cycles usually, you don't need it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now