Sorry to ask - does this look like a line?

(15 Posts)
JassyR Wed 26-Oct-16 19:44:56

Hi ladies,
I know this request must get boring but please could you look at the picture and tell me I'm imagining a faint line. I'm not trying for a baby, have never been pregnant so don't know what it's supposed to look like and to be pregnant right now would be extremely difficult. I've had a couple of odd symptoms, especially strange pain in my lower right abdomen/groin and something told me just to double check as I routinely don't take a break on my pill. I don't have anyone around that I can show it to and ask and I'm feeling a bit silly and sure that I'm just winding myself up but I'd like to stop worrying.
Thank you for taking the time to read and look.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 26-Oct-16 19:46:52

It looks positive to me.

HappyGirl86 Wed 26-Oct-16 19:48:02

I see a line too

GoofyTheHero Wed 26-Oct-16 19:48:42

I can see a line.

Mummyamy123 Wed 26-Oct-16 19:48:48

I think it's positive.......

Cailler Wed 26-Oct-16 19:50:11

It looks positive. I guess if you take your pill back to back then you're not sure when period is due? Worth taking another in a couple of days to double check

HazyHazyJeans Wed 26-Oct-16 19:52:20

Looks positive to me

Pidgythe2nd Wed 26-Oct-16 19:52:23

I see a clear horizontal line but not a cross. Is that what it's meant to be?
Sorry, maybe not helpful.

From responses on here to a similar thread I posted over 3 years ago I was told you can't have a false positive. My 'faint line' is looking at me from her bed whilst I wait for her to drop off to sleep (damn that car nap).

MrsG280516 Wed 26-Oct-16 19:56:23

I can see a line. Maybe double check with a First Response test?

ButterBeanSoup Wed 26-Oct-16 19:56:53

It looks positive to me. Hand hold.xx

CharminglyGawky Wed 26-Oct-16 19:57:20

Weirdly I can see the line much clearer in the small thumbnail of the pic than I could when I opened it, normally you can see better on bigger photos!

But I can see a faint cross so I think it's a positive. Might be an idea to test again with first morning urine in the next few days though just to leave you with no doubt!

JassyR Wed 26-Oct-16 19:59:13

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I'll test again in a few days and try not to think about it before then. I wouldn't have the first clue when my period should be, I'm on a lower hormone pill for the specific purpose of being able to not take a break so I haven't had one for at least 8 months. I would love to be in a position to have children but my husband had an accident which means he can no longer work so I am the sole earner and maternity just would never be affordable.

JassyR Wed 26-Oct-16 22:05:18

Hi ladies. I've just done a digital test, which gave me a pretty conclusive yes. I couldn't live with not knowing so I went straight out and bought a supermarket one. I've told my husband and after the initial shock we're both actually quite happy, although still struggling to take it in. Thank you again for the skilled interpretation of faint lines.

Pigeonpair1 Wed 26-Oct-16 22:07:24

Congratulations!!!

Mishaps Wed 26-Oct-16 22:10:19

Congratulations! You will not be the first person whose first baby was a bit of a shock - join the clan! - with me! It all turned out well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now