False positive?

(7 Posts)
KW89 Tue 25-Oct-16 19:56:35

So.... I had a 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' on a clear blue digital this morning, took a one step strip test to double check (didn't have any other digitals) and it came back negative. Has anyone had a false positive? Googled it and it would seem that it's quite common with clearblue 😕 I've got two children and never had a negative after having a positive with them.

HungryHorace Tue 25-Oct-16 20:24:41

I don't think you'd get a false positive with a digi. It's common with their blue dye tests, however (or at least evap lines are).

The One Step ones are a bit crap, I think.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

haveacupoftea Tue 25-Oct-16 21:08:46

Theres a reason why digis cost £8 and One Step cost 20p! Congratulations flowers

nephrofox Tue 25-Oct-16 21:15:01

Errr I think it's more likely to be a false negative, particularly if you used first morning wee with the first test (stronger) and not with the second

KW89 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:17:56

Thank-you! 😀 They were both done this afternoon within an hour of each other nephrofox. With my two sons I always had a positive on the one step strips before I got a positive on the digital.

MrsG280516 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:29:15

It's possible that there wasn't enough hcg in your second wee to show positive. Maybe try another one step test in the morning?

MoonlightMojitos Tue 25-Oct-16 21:31:11

Congrats smile!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now