*** possibly tmi *** brown spotting/discharge

(15 Posts)
LauraK1987 Mon 24-Oct-16 17:59:29

Hi ladies,

Just looking for a bit of advice really....I'm due on my period any time over the next week but since Saturday I've been experiencing Brown spotting. There's been a little bit in my underwear but it's mostly been when I wipe. I've never experienced this before and never usually get anything like this before my period. I just wondered if anybody else has experienced this or could shed some light on what it might be? Periods are very regular every 31 days lasting for 5 days.

Elllicam Mon 24-Oct-16 18:02:35

Possibly implantation bleeding?

LauraK1987 Mon 24-Oct-16 18:16:54

That did cross my mind but I didn't have sex over my ovulation period this month (going on my cm anyway) it would have been a good few days before

LauraK1987 Fri 28-Oct-16 18:21:55

My period is due today and I've had a small amount of clear stretchy cm which was like dry stretchy glue in consistency (not a very good explanation!!) also there was the normal creamy cm too. Very confused 😕

haveacupoftea Fri 28-Oct-16 19:04:52

Did you take a hpt?

LauraK1987 Fri 28-Oct-16 20:48:06

No not yet, as my period is due today I didn't want to test too early. I was going to wait and see in a couple of days? I wasn't sure if any of this meant anything or if it's just wishful thinking...

sk1pper Sat 29-Oct-16 18:00:55

I get brown spotting before every period and have been told it's completely normal. It's the body getting rid of old blood from last cycle. Don't freak out smile

LauraK1987 Mon 31-Oct-16 16:09:46

Update....

MrsG280516 Mon 31-Oct-16 16:20:17

Congratulations!!

LauraK1987 Mon 31-Oct-16 18:08:58

Thank you!!! I'm still in shock and can't really believe it! According to my tracking app I had sex a whole week before I was supposedly ovulating and hardly did it at all this month so wasn't expecting it at all!

mrsmck2016 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:12:55

Congratulations smile your post has given me hope as I'm looking for a similar result. Due on Wednesday, had a day of brown spotting on Saturday with af cramps and nothing since.

LauraK1987 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:48:41

That's exactly what I had, I was due on Saturday and took that test at around half 4 today so to say I'm only a couple of days late and had diluted urine that's a strong positive...fingers crossed for you!!xx

mrsmck2016 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:18:40

Thanks, knowing that has lifted me a bit. I'm becoming mildly obsessed but losing faith that it could happen for us. I've ordered a set of frers from Amazon, and they should be here by Wednesday so I'll know one way or another by then. How exciting for you! Makes the tww worth it when there's a positive result at the end!

LauraK1987 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:49:49

Honestly this is the first month that I haven't "tried" if you no what I mean. Work has been so hectic and stressful this last month that we only actually managed to have sex once, this was also the first month that I didn't track my ovulation or anything so I didn't have the agonising tww as I had no idea when I was ovulating. I checked my app over the weekend just for the sake of it and it told me I had ovulated a whole week after I actually did. You're not out until your period arrives so keep thinking positively!

Elllicam Tue 01-Nov-16 11:55:45

Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now