Ovulation sticks..any advice please?! :)

(10 Posts)
Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 18-Oct-16 19:02:36

Hi there,

Im just after a bit of friendly advice please smile

I'm CD 19 and I've just done an ovulation test and it had a very very faint positive line. It's the first one I've done this month as I've not had any until today. My cycles usually last 29-31 days.

We have DTD 3 times last week (I've been on night shifts so it hasn't been easy).

Anyway, my question is; do you think it's too late at CD 19 or could I still have a chance?!

Many thanks

xxx

physicskate Tue 18-Oct-16 19:50:12

You very easily could have already ovulated. Has your CM gone cloudy? That is generally a good sign when I've ovulated.

Most people generally have close to two weeks (13- 15) from when they ovulate to when AF starts. So it is likely (but not 100%) that you generally ov cd 15-17.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:05:13

Thank you for your reply!

My cm disappeared a few days ago but I have had sharp pains in my right side today low down so I was just a little confused by it xx

MoonlightMojitos Tue 18-Oct-16 20:40:48

I would keep testing next few days just in case? You might have just missed it or it might be still building up, you never know this might be a fluke longer cycle with ov tomorrow or something? At least you'll know if negative tomorrow. Good luck! If you have already ovd you've got a good chance with 3 times in the last week smile

Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:43:20

Ooh I really hope so!

Does the line go from faint to dark back to faint again?! Or does it disappear completely after it has shown a dark line?! Trying to get my head around these sticks hehe xx

physicskate Tue 18-Oct-16 21:39:53

A negative is anything less than both the lines being the same darkness. A negative can have a faint line because hormone levels vary, hydration levels vary ect...

So I get a two day build up, so line gets darker, but then the day after a positive (I generally get two days of positives) the line fades, either to lily-white or just a bit less dark than control.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 18-Oct-16 22:20:11

I knew at some stage during my cycle the lines should appear dark for a positive; I just wasn't sure if it had already happened or if it was likely to happen within the next day or two. Day 19 is perhaps a little late for the lead up to a positive I suppose?! (My cycle last month was 33 days but it hasn't been that long previously)
Xx

MoonlightMojitos Wed 19-Oct-16 19:26:49

Just wondering how you got on? Did you do one again today?

Littlemisssugarplum88 Wed 19-Oct-16 20:56:53

I will do one when I get home from work shortly and let you know smile
We dtd cd 11,13 and 16 last week so I suppose we will just have to wait and see now xx

Littlemisssugarplum88 Wed 19-Oct-16 22:37:58

Just to let you know, I've done another test and the second line is almost impossible to see.
I'm guessing this means ovulation passed days ago xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now