How long do you spend at the hairdressers? I've just been there for 7 hours

(7 Posts)
OhForFrigSake Sun 16-Oct-16 20:46:47

I had a a colour and balyiage (sp?) highlights and it looks nice, but not much different to how I walked in. Disclaimer: my sister in law is a hairdresser and I'm very grateful that she does my hair but wonder if it ought to take this long. It's always at least 6 hours. (My hair is a short bob usually with an all over colour or highlights).

MessezFaire Sun 16-Oct-16 20:47:41

...and you conceived whilst you were there?! shock grin

OhForFrigSake Sun 16-Oct-16 20:47:53

Shit. Wrong place! Sorry all smile

OhForFrigSake Sun 16-Oct-16 20:48:41

I bloody had enough time MessezFaire grin

TwentyCups Sun 16-Oct-16 20:49:37

It's crazy how long it takes isn't it! I have very long hair and when I had foils it was a good 4/5 hours in a salon. With a block colour on first I can see how it can stretch to six. I started using a mobile hairdresser for this reason, a friend which meant we could chat and flip through some magazines at the same time.

Now I haven't had it dyed or cut for nearly two years, and don't miss the loooong sessions of hair styling!

Emberfirefly Sun 16-Oct-16 20:50:21

At least 3 hours for a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry.

AmyC86 Mon 17-Oct-16 14:59:48

the longest I've sat in a salon is probably 5ish hours. That was for a full block colour and a few patches of balayage like op. Total waste of a day off, feel sorry for those who work Monday to Friday as it's a whole Saturday taken up.

I now get my friend to do it now. she recommended me to just have my base roots done and then straight onto the balayage, with a cut every other month. makes it a quicker process and because I'm at home it means that I can potter around the house doing a bit of laundry etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now