:( Should I have waited?

(15 Posts)
CrazyButterfly1 Fri 14-Oct-16 13:45:23

Hiya,

My AF is due today, nothing so far so I decided to take the only pregnancy test i had (clearblue digital) and it came back with 'Not Pregnant'. I feel upset.. should I have just waited until I missed my period to see if I was pregnant or not.

I have had no symptoms of early pregnancy and nor have I had any period pains that I usually have when I am due on. So I don;t know what is going on...

Perhaps I am venting and just upset sad

Paulat2112 Fri 14-Oct-16 13:46:48

There is no right or wrong thing to do. I would wait a few days and if AF is a no show then do another test. How long have you been trying for?

CrazyButterfly1 Fri 14-Oct-16 13:55:18

We been trying for just under a year and each month just seems to be a disappointment.

The GP has referred me to have blood tests done. I did the day 21 one and due to have the day 1-3 or whatever is done once I start but since there was a no show today I was getting my hopes up slightly that just maybe I am pregnant..but i guess not.

haveacupoftea Fri 14-Oct-16 14:47:34

Clear blue tests arent very sensitive. So there is still hope flowers

Strawberry90 Fri 14-Oct-16 14:50:36

Still hope. Clearblue aren't v sensitive. Try a first response if you can get to a shop

CrazyButterfly1 Fri 14-Oct-16 14:57:13

Thanks for the messages, I really do hope i am pregnant. I thought clearblue digital would be good and clear but if they aren't as sensitive and perhaps that is what is required I will have to get the first response as suggested. I probably wont be able to get round to getting it today so maybe tomorrow now. In the meantime I just hope no period comes!

Thanks again xxx

Strawberry90 Sat 15-Oct-16 02:26:39

Let us know how it goes! flowers

Motherfuckers Sat 15-Oct-16 03:18:58

Yes, I think you should have waited. You recognise this though; you are disappointed, but you don't actually know for sure whether you are pregnant as it is so early. I would wait, it doesn't mean you are more pregnant if you take a test. It is what it is.

Elllicam Sat 15-Oct-16 03:36:21

Clear blue digitals aren't great early on. Maybe wait a couple of days and try with a first response.

Jinglebellsandv0dka Sat 15-Oct-16 03:38:31

Try again in a couple of days.

On my IVF treatment we were given cheap sticks and when I tested on the day of my AF had to really squint and hold to the light to see the extra line. They got stronger as each day passed.

Then I took a CB digital test about it came up positive.

I've 12 days left to go of this pregnancy.

Don't give up try again with some cheaper sticks

FenellaMaxwell Sat 15-Oct-16 05:30:46

I'm 23 weeks pg. didn't get a positive test on a clearblue digital until 6 days after AF was due, so I really wouldn't take it as gospel.

CrazyButterfly1 Sat 15-Oct-16 08:48:04

Thank you everyone for your messages.

Well the witch came earlier this morning. sad so that rules this month out. Hubby is disappointed and is blaming himself because he thinks we shouldn't have dtd last night but I've told him that's silly.

Well it looks like I have a trip to the hospital on Monday for the blood test.

Thanks for your support guys. Xxx

Strawberry90 Sat 15-Oct-16 11:38:13

Sorry to hear.
Tell your OH he's def being silly.
Hope the blood tests and investigations go ok. Try looking on this site for some of the things that have worked for people or not. Try and keep positive

Strawberry90 Sat 15-Oct-16 11:38:43

Ps flowers

Paulat2112 Sat 15-Oct-16 18:23:10

Sorry to hear that OP, hopefully these tests will help you find out but I'm sure it won't be long for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now