Before Pregnancy Checklist

(5 Posts)
SquawkFish Tue 11-Oct-16 15:41:01

Can I ask what you did (if anything) before you got pregnant? Were there things that were important for you to have figured out, or for you to achieve etc.?

It's a follow on from my AIBU thread about asking questions.

PotteringAlong Tue 11-Oct-16 15:41:36

I stopped using contraception and that was it smile

delilahbucket Tue 11-Oct-16 20:58:07

Savings pot built, big enough house bought, both in steady jobs and lost a load of weight. Saying that, I had none of those things with my ds (well, I had a steady job but his dad didn't). I survived just fine, even as a single parent confused. I wanted to do it "properly". Unfortunately the getting pregnant bit isnt as easy as the rest as we've been ttc for some time. I think we're on cycle 18/19. I've started to lose count.

NotAMammy Tue 11-Oct-16 23:03:57

We're at the 'getting our ducks in a row' stage. Hopefully buying house in next 6 mths (3bed with garden, in vacinity of several good schools), both in decent jobs (mines has decent enough mat pay, not awesome but could be worse), savings for house will change into savings for baby and mat leave once that's bought. Planning on starting multivit and folic acid after Christmas, although no reason not to start now. I'm quietly hopeful that we can start around August/September time, but we'll see how it goes.
I'm not sure if there's anything else we can plan other than that. Except maybe to come up with a cunning plan to move family closer to us in a way that they are simultaneously on hand, but non-intrusive! Maybe a private jet?

TabbyTurmoil Wed 12-Oct-16 05:12:21

First time round we moved house and waited for me to get a permanent job after a couple of years on a fixed term contract.

Second time, I've just got pregnant and wish I'd remembered to eat loads of steak and sushi first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now