Can I save first morning wee to test later?

(19 Posts)
Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 06:13:37

I want to test today but I am still 4 days before period is due so I would need to test with first morning wee. I need to go and buy an early detection test as I have no tests in the house. Can I save the wee in s clean container to test later or does it need to be fresh? Sorry if saving the wee sounds grim blush

kimlo Thu 06-Oct-16 06:22:45

its fine. If you were droppong a sample in to the doctors to be tested it wouldn't be fresh.

Good luck.

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 06:45:13

Yes, I thought about the doctors wee tests but then thought that my container would be clean but not medical grade sterile and I wondered if that would affect the wee and its result. I have saved the wee now.
Thanks for the good luck message.

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 10:54:28

I have tested now, I think it looks positive but the line is faint. It can't be an evap as I checked the line and photographed it within 3 minutes. Anybody else think that this is positive?

snakeinthebrantub Thu 06-Oct-16 10:56:57

That looks like a line to me!

MrsG280516 Thu 06-Oct-16 10:57:15

Yep, that looks like a BFP! Congratulations smile

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 11:25:52

I'm not sure how DH is going to react. We have a just turned one year old and the mini pill has failed (I took it late a few times and DH was aware). It took us 4 years to conceive our now 1 year old so we thought a couple of late pills wouldn't be a huge risk. I'm sure DH and I will both be thrilled once it has sunk in.

Knittedfrog Thu 06-Oct-16 11:28:39

Congratulations! I can see a line and I never see a line on these threads normally!

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 11:31:11

Time to start saving for a double pushchair I thinksmile

MadAsABagOfCats Thu 06-Oct-16 11:33:18

Congratulations, I see a line smile

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 21:06:59

I'm confused now as apparently the blue dye tests are very inaccurate and give a lot of false positives. I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow and buy a pink dye test and retest.

Doublemint Thu 06-Oct-16 21:09:06

That is deffo a positive!!! congratulations! I fell pregnant on the mini pill too when dd1 was 9 months- I'm another 9 months in now and it is brilliant! The first 4 months are a blur and were really hard but it is so worth it

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 21:34:07

Thanks doublemint. I was convinced it was a positive but then I started reading about blue dye tests being unreliable - especially sainsburys ones (this was a sainsburys one). I did do a pink dye test yesterday with evening wee and it had a very very faint line but I'm not sure if it was an evap as I read it after more than 10 minutes as I got distracted by baby waking. Why is this so hard??

Alb1 Thu 06-Oct-16 21:38:50

summer I did a sainsburys test this morning the same as yours and mine is much fainter so I would say yours is a bfp!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 06-Oct-16 21:39:16

Did you read about false positives somewhere reputable?

My understanding was that false positives are very rare, and that whilst blue dye does run more, that looks like a splodge and obscures the test rather than looking like a positive.

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 22:02:16

Thanks for the reassurances. I will assume it is a positive for now but will retest tomorrow. I suppose people only post dodgy experiences online.

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 22:05:25

On one of the websites it was saying they tested men with the blue tests and got bfp for all of them. Probably not reputable sources confused.

Ilovenannyplum Thu 06-Oct-16 22:05:52

That looks very positive to me grin

Sixisthemagicnumber Thu 13-Oct-16 14:52:08

It is positive nanny and I have name changed now that we are going to add an extra one to the family 😊 I retested with a clear blue early and it was very obviously positive and I am now past my period due date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now