Is pregnancy possible?

(11 Posts)
MyNameIsPenny Sat 01-Oct-16 14:15:45

I have been on a contraceptive pill for the last 10 months. I take it religiously, have never missed a day.
Periods have been very regular, every 28 days whilst taking the pill.
First day of last period was 24/08/16. Dtd 27/08/16.
Period is now 10 days late.
I have tender, rock hard books and tingly nipples.
No other symptoms of pregnancy or period.
I know I could/should just do a test but I keep telling myself it is impossible to have conceived from dtd when we did.
Is it possible?

Imnotaslimjim Sat 01-Oct-16 14:25:15

Have you been ill at all, vomited or had diarrhoea? Or have you had any medication for anything as some can render the pill useless.

The pill stops you ovulating, so if you have done something to interrupt it, you'll ovulate. You can't base fertility on your cycle when on the pill.

I'd do a test, just so you know either way. The pill has a 2% failure rate even when taken properly. So it is entirely possible. With your AF being this late, you shouldn't have to use FMU, any pee in the day will do.

EvansAndThePrince Sat 01-Oct-16 14:32:31

As above ^^ especially medication, often doctors forget to tell you.

MyNameIsPenny Sat 01-Oct-16 14:35:58

I haven't been on any medication at all, bar the odd paracetamol and not had any illness, sickness, diarrhea etc.
I was just thinking that dtd at that point in my cycle (even if I wasn't on the pill) would make a pregnancy extremely unlikely?

MissClarke86 Sat 01-Oct-16 14:38:02

But like the above poster said, you're creating a false cycle when your on the pill.

As soon as you stop taking it, or it fails for some reason, you will ovulate. That theoretically could be at any point in your cycle.

Do a test.

MissClarke86 Sat 01-Oct-16 14:39:09

Your logic only makes sense if you aren't on the pill and have a normal cycle. Then it would be very unlikely to get pregnant 3 days after your LMP.

But your current period is a false period, not a real one.

MyNameIsPenny Sat 01-Oct-16 14:41:34

Holy crap.
I can't get a test until Monday, live in the arse-end of no where and dh is working away and my car is at the garage.
I think it'll be a long weekend!

MissClarke86 Sat 01-Oct-16 15:36:13

Bless you. Try not to stress. It's very very unusual to get pregnant when taking the pill correctly, but it's also very unusual not to have a period for 10 days when the pill is so good at regulating it and creating the false period.

haveacupoftea Sun 02-Oct-16 10:29:34

It is possible, but not probable. Have you got a friend or family member who would bring you out a test?

RoseGoldHippie Wed 05-Oct-16 13:07:48

Hey! Where you able to take a test in the end? What was the result? X

MyNameIsPenny Wed 05-Oct-16 20:26:14

No need to test. Af showed up Monday morning smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now